public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4th July, 2005: Community/Polish p'form/Folkwang H'sch.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:36 pm 

The second week of the Bytom Festival begins and the Little Dance Conference opens.

Performnces 04.07

Community outreach programs

Integrated Dance Theatre "Direct"

Migreska
(Tychy/Bytom)
"Myśli nocy Zwierciadła Odbicie"

Polish platform

Lublin Dance Theatre "Bellissimo"
(Lublin)

Alter Dance Theatre
"Hej"
(Kalisz)

Te'Art Kam
"Raidho Ben Wunio"
(Toruń)

Folkwang Hochschule(Germany)

Last edited by Stuart Sweeney on Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:39 pm 
Festival Diary, Day 8 - Anna Raczka, Volunteer, Little Dance Conference

There are about 15 children between five and twelve at the conference, even including one boy! This was the opening day and to begin the participants did some warm-up exercises and circle dances. Their first class was with Hofan Chow who taught them some Chinese language: “My name is….”, “How are you?” and so on. Then they made a paper dragon and learned the associated dance and music and this made the children very happy. Next came Korina Kodova, a contemporary dance teacher and the children were shown how to follow the rhythm of Brazilian music and a strong link was forged between the members of the class and their teacher.

Green Chair Group tackled contemporary dance with elements of capoeira and acrobatics. They had the class form a circle and each participant showed a move and gave their name, but the next had to repeat the previous ones, as well as add his own, in a chain. When they shifted to the main themes of the class, The Green Chair teachers kept the moves easy so that the children were not afraid to repeat them. This involved a lot of exercises without music, filling the space.

My role as a volunteer is to take care of the children - I have to organise activities during the half-hour breaks and help with translations. On the basis of this opening day, I’m really looking forward to the rest of the week.