public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About the Bournonville Boutique
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:28 am 

Hi, everybody! It's great that the 3rd Bournonville Festival has begun!!!
I’ve been receiving e-newsletters about the festival and they mention that some products such as books, CDs and DVDs can be purchased from the Bournonville Boutique.

So, can I purchase those items through the Internet??? Any other ways to buy them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:40 am 

Greetings and welcome to the Bournonville Festival Forum!

The Bournonville Boutique is at the theatre, but I'm sure many of the books and the DVD will be available to those not able to come to Copenhagen. However, other items may only be available from the actual shop.

Information about ordering the Bournonville Class DVD/2 book set will probably be posted shortly, as it has not yet been officially released. Information on that set will be posted in the Bournonville Classes topic.

You can order several of the books, including the book that comes with the CD set, via the Arnold Busck website by clicking here and then going to the kunst og kultur section.

You can also find out how to order things like the tea and stamps at the Bournonville Festival Website. The tea can be ordered via the online shop, the stamps directly from the Danish Postal Service

For a chance to win some of the Bournonville Boutique items, you can play our daily trivia game, which starts tonight!

Kate

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:46 am 

Thanks a lot for the detailed information! It's good to know that there are other ways to purchase the products!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:56 am 

My only complaint is that the boutique doesn't accept credit cards when you shop in person: okay, it saved me a great deal of money, but I'm still thinking back wistfully to that pair of Caroline Cavallo's shoes that was among the items I had to forgo.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:42 am 

Seems that there are a lot of wonderful items in the Bournonville Boutique! I wonder if all of them can be purchased through the Internet...

Probably not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:12 am 

Greetings!

I was also surprised that the boutique did not accept foreign credit cards, as they have in the past, when the boutique was open at every performance. However, it may be that they there have been problems with increasing fraud or processing costs with foreign credit cards, and that for the short period of the festival, it was not feasible.

It must have been in another thread, but I did mention that the Bournonville Festival products will be available via the internet. The Bournonville Class DVD/Book Set, the pen, the keychain, the chocolate, the tea and the new RDB Souvenir Book are already available from the online boutique. T-shirts were also advertised, but unless more have been ordered, there are only womens and mens XXL remaining, which aren't as big as you would think, but not small either. Other items will be added as the press office 'recovers' from the Bournonville Festival and has time to update the site.

The 'Dancer en Kunst' book which comes with 9 CDs of the Bournonville ballet music is available from [url=http://www.arnoldbusck.dk/

Kate

Last edited by ksneds on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Arnold B. web catalog
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:24 pm 
Is there any means by which to view the Arnold Busck Website in any other language? I'm curious because I'm simply hesistant to order the wrong product or the wrong quantity or have it sent to the wrong location, I'm not quite sure what many of the designated fields mean. Sorry for taking up space on this kind of question, I'm just A) really slow and B) fairly neurotic. Thank you! :)

RD3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:19 pm 

Greetings
I have seen an English version of the site, but haven't been able to locate it recently. My suggestion would be to e-mail them (there's a contact e-mail on the page) and explain your situation. The vast majority of Danes speak (and write) beautiful English, and so the Arnold Busck staff should be able to assist you in ordering the book/cds.
Kate

Post subject: arigatou!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:27 pm 
Thank you very much, senorita. :-D

RD3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:31 pm 

The book is also available from here:

http://www.dancebooks.co.uk/new.asp

No Danish to worry about there.

Kate

Post subject: Kate, you just rocked my world!!! (It's a good thing, really
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:09 pm 
Just ordered Dance as an Art with the CD's included from the link above you offered, and not only is the website in English (B.F.A. grad here in America with a degree in dance, no foreign language minors), but the book in GB costs only 49,99 BPS, and with the shipping, and additional 24,00 BPS, comes to 73,99 BPS, which coverts to only $40.95 American Dollars!!! American Bournonville Enthusiasts, 40 DOLLARS.

I believe that's about HALF of what the Danish 499,00 Krone price would have been converted to American Dollars (around $88 I think?). Believe me, this Book and CD set is definetly worth more than the Danish asking price, at least by 10 times I'm sure, but for Americans who are pooling for resources like these every chance they can get, this is wonderful news.

I think we should all give Kate a great hand! (thank you Kate!!)

(In the meantime, I would be remiss to mention that the conversion of BPS to USD must surely results from Great Britain leading the recent move by the financial super powers of the world to remit many of the remaining debts owed to them by their smaller counterparts, debts that from last I heard reached into 40 Billion dollars! Great Britain, any other present and long lasting conflicts aside regardless of any involved parties, once again you display dignity, humanity, and leadership. Hats off [You rock my world too]!)

Ricky D3

(Please don't let anything I ever say ever bother anyone)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:24 pm 

Oh Ricky! I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the current $/£ exchange rate means that:

74 GBP = 134 USD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Did this just happen today?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:36 pm 
Last I heard, and this was Monday June 13 in America, I saw that the conversion rate was...

...1 GBP = 0.553495 USD...

...complete with a detailed graphic displaying the sudden decline...

...Did this literally happen overnight?

Ricky D3

Post subject: Double Checked...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:51 pm 
Stuart, I just double checked on a converter, 73,99 GBP(S) to American Dollars, and it's consistent with my first announcement...

...however, to further double check, when I entered in 73.99 under UDS, I got a converted result of, guess what, 133,69 GBP(S)...that SEEMS consistent with the conversion ratio of 1 GBP = 0.553495 USD...

...did one of us get it backwards or something?? Reply to me if you think you know what we did...

Nonetheless, I'm still excited to get my hands on that book :-D

Ricky D3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:12 pm 

Hi Ricky. I used the xe.com website and got this result, using "copy and paste" from their site:

xe.com Universal Currency Converter ® Results
Live mid-market rates as of 2005.06.14 23:06:22 UTC.
1.00 GBP = 1.80600 USD

1 GBP = 1.80600 USD 1 USD = 0.553711 GBP

I regularly transfer funds to the US, so I'm confident that the exchange rate is this way round. For a rule of thumb, £1 = $2

Profile E-mail