public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Front page photo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 3:34 pm 

Azlan has put a new image on our front page. It is from the production of'A Mid-Summer's Night Dream' by Cwmni Ballet Gwent, a small independent ballet company based in Wales. It is a minor miracle how they survive with little grant allocation, but their gruelling schedule does not stop them putting on good shows choreographed by their AD.<P>Hope you like the image as much as I do.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Front page photo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2000 6:59 am 

Stuart, I'd most definitely like to take this company in the next time I am in Britain.<P>In case anyone is interested in this very small company, here is their website: <A HREF="http://www.welshballet.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.welshballet.co.uk/</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 5:31 pm 

Nice photo. Can you rotate the photos more often

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:41 pm 

i agree with cronos. Image<P>gosh, we're DEMANDING, aren't we, stuart?/azlan?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 1:40 am 

I third that!<BR>Can we change the photo -pretty please?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 4:16 am 

Go, Michael!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 2:29 pm 

OK, here's the plan. All you good people visit innumerable websites, so tell us about a suitable photo, which has to be good, thin to fit in the middle of the front page and preferably a company, venue or personal site that will appreciate the plug they get ie not a newspaper.<P>ballet.co.uk have had the same photo for 3 years and no one complains there, grump, grump.<p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited May 07, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2000 7:20 pm 

Good idea, Stuart! So, Michael, any suggestions?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 4:22 am 

What about this?<BR> Image <P><BR>It's an image by Pascal Elliott Bourasseau of the POB in Pina Bausch's "Sacre du Printemps".<P>So it's Ballet, contemporary/modern and critically beautiful - all at the same time.<BR>(I know it's B&W, but if that's a problem, add a colour wash or do it in Sepia.)<P>Administrator's note: Michael, this image won't display here - will send you an e-mail. <P><BR>[This message has been edited by Michael Montgomery (edited May 08, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by Michael Montgomery (edited May 08, 2000).]<P>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited May 08, 2000).]<P>[I edited this to show the image -- Azlan]<P>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited May 08, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited May 08, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 10:28 am 

Looks good to me. If there are no objections, I'll put it up sometime this week...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 10:43 am 

I think it could look good in a strong sepia - will e-mail you one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 10:58 am 

Oh dear! Am I in a negative mood today? It's certainly an interesting image and would be good to see in a posting. However, I do have a doubt about it for the frontpage. The main role of the front page is for newcomers and I feel that the image should be positive and give an impression that the reader will see and hear about beautiful and attractive things. Once inside the door we can talk about dance and oppression, social ills and whatever. <P>This image is full of angst and rather jarring and thus I don't think it's a good choice. What do others think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 4:15 pm 

ummm - ...well it looks a bit 'bloody'...<P>it's intense, impassioned, kinda' gut-wrenching...<P>do we want to 'gut-wrench' our newcomers?<P>only joking! Image<P>this guys pascal's photos are really something, however. i've seen a few more...she says mysteriously...<P>maybe michael is trying to please YOU, stuart, with your taste -or so i thought- for the rather confrontational image...as evidenced by your fave photog's site that you told me about...(sorry, can't remember his name).<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 9:07 pm 

Alright, alright, you guys decide and let me know. Why do I get a feeling we're on our way to another nail-biting vote?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 8:12 am 

<BR>What a splendid idea!<P>I will wait to hear other peoples opinions before commenting further (wouldn't want to stack the vote!). But would like to point out, I support the idea of changing the photo regularly (as disussed above) and in no way suggest it as a permanent option.<P>Maybe one of you Administrators could put a time limit on it?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next