public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nikolai Tsiskaridze
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:36 am 

An interesting news from a Russian ballet website. It looks that Nikolai Tsiskaridze can not wait to come back. Still obeying the doctors' orders "not to jump, not to spin, not to run fast" until his knee is fully recovered, he is preparing to appear in "The Sleeping Beauty" at the Bolshoi on the 13th of June... as Carabosse!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:30 am 

Ohhhh, I hope he takes it easy. I don't want him injured because the Bolshoi is coming back here this fall and I expect to see him on the tour!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:10 am 

Quote:
Ohhhh, I hope he takes it easy.
Me too, Mary Ellen! This wonderfully talented young man's enthusiasm for dance leaps off the stage. I do hope he follows a low-risk strategy on the road to full recovery.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:18 am 

I found a very interesting review of Tsiskaridze's appearance as Carabosse at:
http://balletalert.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15423

<small>[ 21 June 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: olechka ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:18 pm 

Tsiskaridze is back!
Last Saturday there was Roland Petit's evening at the Bolshoi's New Stage in Moscow. Ilse Liepa and Nikolai Tsiskaridze did duets from The Queen of Spades.

At the end of the evening Petit dragged Nikolai and Ilse to the stage again and made them improvise. Nikolai has not lost his presence of mind and, to the delight of his admirers, spinned 8 double fuettes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:57 am 

I found this short review in a Russian forum and asked its author whether I can translate it in English. She readily agreed.

Nikolai Tsiskaridze in “The Nutcracker”, Bolshoi, 31.12.04.
MC: I can say one thing only: at long last!
I have not seen the New Year’s Eve “Nutcracker” since the 31st December 2000, that’s 4 years ago. Honestly speaking, I was a little bit scared. Will the fatigue have its effect on him? Or can he suddenly be not in the right mood?
Everything was fine. Nikolai, of course, has not recovered completely and his first steps on stage were slightly uncertain. He slightly reeled during one tour. But here is the first jump - incredibly soft, almost feline, with an absolutely noiseless landing.... Long, languid arabesque.... His gentle hand stretched to Masha.... Looks like some fragments. Everything is so transient, so unreal... What has changed? The Nutcracker became more mature, more courageous. He is not that naive young prince whom I saw in the performance four years ago. This is a hero prince who boldly shielded his beloved from the enemies…
I never liked to describe technicalities of dance, but I shall try. Nikolai was spinning like a corkscrew, in Galina Stepanenko’s fuette style – as if on a post stamp. The house roared when he was flying in jete en tournant (besides 'bravos’ I even heard 'hurrahs’). Rejoicing he tossed the ballerina to the skies as if shouting to God: “I am back! I can do it!”
And when they raised him high above the luminous chandeliers, I do not know what was glowing brighter - the bulbs or his eyes shining with happiness.
Inconceivably light, he was flying into stage with his famous curtain-call leaps after both the first and the second acts, whirling with the ballerina in his arms and sparkling like champagne.

<small>[ 08 January 2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:16 am 

What a wonderful description! After such a very serious injury, it must have taken incredible bravery and tenacity for him to get back to form. I'm so happy for him, and isn't new year's eve his birthday too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:39 am 

What a joy to see Nikolai Tsiskaridze back on stage again (even though on TV). It seems like a miracle that after such a serious injury, operation and complications Nikolai manages a very impressive performance and is nearly his wonderful self again, that shows how strong and powerful his character is and also his devotion to ballet and art. BRAVO!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:51 am 

I'm so happy to read that !
I can't forget that Nikolaï has had this terrible injury during a rehearsal in POB.
I know he will come to dance Cinderella in Paris this year and I'm waiting for that with great impatience !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:47 pm 

Ileana, when the Cinderella season is expected to start in POB? I assume it will be Nureyev's version?

At the Bolshoi Nikolai is announced for February:
on the 6th he will dance Rothbart in "Swan Lake", you know that Grigorovich made Rothbart more difficult than in any other SW production; and

on the 12th - The Queen of Spades.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:26 am 

Yes, coda, it's the Noureev's version of Cinderella.

Performances are on April 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 avril and May 2, 3, 4. Palais Garnier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:15 am 

Ileana, I thought I spotted some speculation on Danser en français forum that there was a possibilty he might dance in the Petit programme, have I read that right? Unfortunately my French is rather poor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:33 am 

Yes, Cassandra, you read right !
I had heard that Nikolaï Tsiskaridze would dance Cinderella in Paris, and now there is this other rumour about Petit. Really I don't know !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:49 am 

I heard several months ago that Tziskaridze will be invited to Cinderella. But I hear nothing about Petit's performance. I know that the French choreograph adores him but will he ask to invite again Tsiskaridze, as Lacarra who should dance Carmen in next july on POB stage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:52 pm 

News from the Mariinsky:
Tuesday, 29 March
MANON
Tsiskaridze - Nioradze/Sologub

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next