public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nikolai Tsiskaridze
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:32 am 

Nicolai Tsiskaridze is deep injuried, he must be operate of his knee and the Pique Dame will be certainly cancelled as he is the lonely dancer of this ballet. He won't appear on stage before a long time, it's so a pity. I'm really sad for him and I hope he will recover very quickly because it's a generous dancer on stage and so interesting !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:46 am 

As Cathy has already said, it now looks as if Queen of Spades (Pique Dame) will have to be cancelled, as there isn't another dancer in the Bolshoi suitable for this role.

On a more cheerful note, I visited Nikolai on Tuesday and he is hopeful that his injury isn't as serious as was first thought. Happily he is not experiencing pain and although obviously deeply disappointed at missing the opportunity to dance "Clavigo" he is looking forward to dancing again with the Paris Opera Ballet next year. This is his first major injury and he is being very stoical about it.

We managed a long discussion in a hybrid mixture of French, Russian and English about the Paris Opera Ballet dancers and Nikolai spoke most warmly of his happiness working with Clairemairie Osta and Marie-Agnes Gillot, both of whom he likes and admires very much.

Although it was disappointing not to have seen Nikolai dance on this occasion, I nevertheless had a highly enjoyable time in Paris and was especially happy to meet up with Ileana at the Opera. Now I know the location of the "official" Criticaldance meeting place at the Opera, I shall make my way there on future trips too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:13 am 

Hi Cassandra ! :)
I'm happy to learn that HNikolai's injury is not a too bad one !
That's really a good news !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:13 am 

I send my heartfelt wishes to Nikolai for a speedy recovery!! He is the greatest male dancer in the world now after all, and we can't afford to do without him for too long!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:34 pm 

A Russian ballet forum confirmed that due to Nikolai's injury "The Queen of Spades" will not be performed in Paris in January but will be replaced by "The Limpid Stream".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:13 pm 

The first independent Russian prize for supreme achievements in art and literature is called “Triumph” and is awarded annually since 1992.
Among the prize-winners for the year 2003 announced yesterday there is one ballet dancer – Nikolai Tsiskaridze who at the moment is convalescing in a Paris clinic after an operation on his knee.

<small>[ 11 December 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:20 am 

Congratulations to Nikolai!
We in London hope so much that he will recover by the Bolshoi season in Covent Garden next summer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:16 am 

Last week the Bolshoi's Director General Anatole Iksanov gave an interview to the "Independent Newspaper" in Moscow and said: "Hugues Gall and the head of the ballet company Brigitte Lefevre visited Moscow just now for the opening night of "Romeo & Juliet". They were enraptured with it and expressed their regret that the repertoire for our tour had been already made up and we will not be able to show our new production in Paris in January. However, there is an idea to bring "Romeo & Juliet" to Paris separately, together with "The Queen of Spades" by Roland Petit. It was "The Queen of Spades" that our theatre was originally planning to bring - our idea was to show to the French audience two*) French ballets danced by the Russians. Due to the injury received by Nikolai Tsiskaridze who danced the role of Hermann we had to change our repertoire urgently."
As you can see, Ileana and Cathy, there is still hope to see "The Queen of Spades"in Paris.
---------
*) The second French ballet of course is "La Fille du Pharaoh" where Nikolai was brilliant as Tahor.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:44 am 

Nikolai Tsiskaridze will be 30 on the 31st of December. The ‘bolshoi.net’ prepared a display of 30 absolutely stunning photographs to celebrate this date. Most of the photographs show him in different roles, including those danced with Lopatkina, Gracheva, Nadezhda Pavlova as well as the shots made at rehearsals with Ulanova, Grigorovich, Vassilyev and Roland Petit. See:
http://www.bolshoi.net/photos/logvinov/tsiskar-30/page.htm

<small>[ 28 December 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:17 am 

What beautiful images! Thanks as always coda!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:29 am 

It's the Limpid stream who replaces Queen of Spades and it's official and announced on the phone booking !!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:09 am 

Yesterday I read that Tsiskaridze said in his interview to a Russian newspaper "Your Leisure-time":

"I received a great number of messages from ballet people and ballet lovers in France who expressed their sympathy to me in connection with my injury. I felt so pleased and grateful to them. I am not one of a French company but they remember me. If I am back on my feet and everything goes well. I have already got an invitation to Opera de Paris for the next season".

He added that he would liked these French people to know how much he appreciated all their messages.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:02 pm 

Lucky Paris fans! Thanks so much, olechka

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:46 am 

I am overjoyed! Nikolai Tsiskaridze appeared on stage for the first time since October! He did Raymonda Adagio with Elisabeth Platel at the Benois de la Dance gala concert in Moscow! I wish I was there!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:57 am 

Thank you Olechka, this is wonderful news! Let us hope that this sign of recovery may lead to us seeing him with Bolshoi in London later this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next