public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nikolai Tsiskaridze
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:07 am 

Cassandra and Coda, I'm also a fan of N. Tsiskaridze since I saw him 2 years ago in Bayadère in Paris. I'm delighted to see him again this year in 'Clavigo', despite the fact that Clavigo is not one of my favourite ballet.

If you'd like that, we have now a CD meeting-point in Paris'Opera house and I would be delighted to know you a little.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:06 am 

I'd love to meet up with you Ileana, tell me where your meeting place is and I will look out for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:21 pm 

Hi Cassandra and Coda !
I have my ticket booked for Monthday October 27th. Both on 27th & 28th Clairemarie Osta (our exquisite newest "danseuse étoile") will dance with Nicolaï Tsiskaridze, and Marie Agnès Gillot (one of our best beloved dancer on "Danser") will dance the "Stranger" : a very good casting !
The new meeting point for CD members in Palais-Garnier is before "1ère Loge n°13" (a quiet place where it's easy to meet.) I will be there with a (little) badge "Ileana" and will be delighted to meet you ! :)
If you need any other information please, ask me !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:28 pm 

What a good idea (to have a regular meeting place) I'm anxious to hear how it goes as Tsiskaridze's technique, it seems to me, would look so lovely with dancers from the POB's style.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:28 pm 

Thank you for the invitation, Ileana. I will be happy to meet you.
You are right, Mehunt, Nikolai had excellent reviews after having danced “La Bayadere” with POB two years ago. He loves French school, French dancers (Laurent Hilaire is his favorite) and adores France in general. By the way, although he is Georgian one of his grandmothers was French.

<small>[ 16 October 2003, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:53 am 

Thanks for the invitation to meet Ileana. We'll see you outside loge 13 premiere etage. I'll probably be dressed in black.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:49 am 

I will be very happy to meet you both Coda & Cassandra. Nikolai has been excellent in Bayadere 2 years ago, :cool: dancing with Marie-Agnès Gillot.
It's more difficult to imagine him dancing with Clairemarie Osta, who is totally different from Marie-Agnès. But I'm sure that this casting will be very interesting. I just hope they will have rehearsals enough to adapt each to the other.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:05 pm 

Re: Laurent Hilaire, Tsiskaridze has excellent taste. I admire Hilaire too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:12 am 

We still can meet, Ileana, but there will be no Tsiskaridze's debut in 'Clavigo' in October. Sadly, Nikolai injured his knee during a rehearsal at Opera de Paris last Tuesday and will need an operation. I pray for his speedy and full recovery.

<small>[ 23 October 2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:40 am 

Thank you coda for letting us know this sad news straight away. Just to clarify this is not gossip as the source of coda's information has been accepted by the Moderating team.

Very best wishes for a swift recovery from all at CriticalDance to this fine and distinctive dancer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:17 am 

OUCH! What a disappointment! (Not to say of course, that whoever takes his place from the POB won't be fabulous, but what a shame.) I hope he recovers quickly!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:11 am 

Nicolas Le Riche will replace Tsiskaridze on both performances, on 27 and 28 October.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:49 am 

I've learnt that today and I'm SO disappointed !
Nicolas Leriche and his wife Clairemarie Osta are really marvelous in this ballet, but I've already
seen them 2 yeaurs ago and I have tickets to see them again on November 5th.
I was going on the 27th only for Nikolaï. and how sad it is that he injured his knee ans needs surgery !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:48 am 

Coda and Cassandra, I was really happy to meet you in POB ! A very short moment, but a great pleasure ! :cool:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:19 am 

Dear Ileana, the pleasure was mutual!
I enjoyed watching 'Clavigo'. The corps de ballet demonstrated such a uniformity of dancing, which proves once again the greatness of French ballet school and determination of the theatre's management to preserve their traditions.
Clairemarie Oste was remarkably suitable for the role of Marie. Gillot Marie-Agnes showed luxurious, sumptuous dancing although I still find her shoulders too formidable. Le Riche is an excellent dancer and actor but I found his make-up disappointing: no effort was made to make him attractive although this 'hero' is supposed to be charismatic.
That is why I could not help thinking of what Tsiskaridze would have introduced into this character. The choreography of this ballet is also so suitable for him. Let's hope that his left knee heals a.s.a.p. and we will see him as Clavigo next year.

<small>[ 31 October 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: coda ]</small>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next