public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diana Vishneva
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 12:15 pm 

Yesterday was the last performance of Don Q at Bastille POB. The POB Etoile José Martinez danced Basilio and Kitri was Diana Vishneva, as an invited guest from Kirov.<BR>I have to say that I loved her ! What a wonderful dancer ! She made a deep impression on the public, who really gave her an ovation !<BR>As I have just discovered Vishneva yesterday, I would like to know what other people think about her. Thank you in advance.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Diana Vishneva
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:55 pm 

Yes, she's a natural firecracker, in this role and others. Definitely an example of the new breed of Kirov ballerina, she's sharp and chic rather than the traditional style of sweet melting movement exemplified by, say, Daria Pavlenko. Vishneva is enormously exciting to watch - technique is rock solid - and is tailor made for the Balanchine works that Vaziev has started to import. I think she is already pretty good as well in more acting roles such as Manon although the ability to project greater emotional depth will presumably develop further in time. <BR>Ultmately, I think her challenge will be to retain the freshness of her performance and to add emotional depth, without getting side-tracked by her sheer ability into becoming a mere circus pony - you know, 32 fouettes in doubles and triples and 180 degree arabesques penchees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:32 am 

Divine Diana
Diana Vishneva ascends to international stardom.
Photography And Text By Nina Alovert for Pointe Magazine

I first saw Diana Vishneva perform in 1995 at Nadia and Solomon Tencer’s Toronto gala concert, “Stars of the XXI Century.” Then still a Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet student, she was on the program that night with well-known Russian dancers. Vladimir Malakhov, the international superstar, was dancing Le Spectre de la Rose, but he did not have a partner. Vishneva was offered the opportunity to perform with him in that ballet.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:00 am 

Sorry for my english: I have 14 years old and I'm french! I ask you if you have any photos about Diana Vishneva because she's my favorite ballerina. Thank's for post it here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:18 am 
There are many photos on Vishneva's own website.

http://www.vishneva.ru/eng/index.htm

You may also be interested to read my interview with her last year.

http://www.ballet.co.uk/magazines/yr_03/feb03/interview_vishneva.htm

<small>[ 29 June 2004, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Ng ]</small>