public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interview with Altynai Asylmuratova
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 7:18 am 

Image <P>Altynai Asylmuratova (I think - can anyone confirm or otherwise?) <P><BR>Allen Robertson interviews Altynai Asylmuratova as she prepares for two London seasons - with the Kirov and also Irek Mukhamedev's Company. <P> <A HREF="http://www.the-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/00/07/18/timartdan01001.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.the-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/00/07/18/timartdan01001.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Interview with Altynai Asylmuratova
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 7:52 am 

Altynai was featured in a video titled "Backstage at the Kirov" (I believe that's right) as a dancer being groomed for the role of Swan Queen for Swan Lake. She is a beautiful dancer, and the video is interesting showing classes rehearsals and performance alike of various dancers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 8:11 am 

I agree with your enthusiasm maggie. I saw her for the first time in Mukhamedev's previous show at Sadler's Wells in 1999. She didn't have a lot to do in Petit's 'Bolero' - beautifully danced hockum. She was blissful in Tuckett's Louis Armstrong piece, but I may try to get a day ticket for one of her Kirov performances to see her really stretched. There won't be too many more chances.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2000 12:43 am 

Image <P>Two's company: Altynai Asylmuratova and Irek Mukhamedov - 'Here you can teach anybody - even when there's no talent'<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>In September she and Mukhamedov present Irek and Altynai at Sadler's Wells, a mixed programme of work that showcases the talents of this charismatic pair.<P>They haven't often shared a stage: Asylmuratova is from the lyrical tradition of the Kirov; Mukhamedov from Moscow's brasher Bolshoi. But their worlds collided 10 years ago at the Royal Opera House. Mukhamedov had recently fled Russia to join the Royal Ballet and Asylmuratova was dancing with them on a guest contract. The pairing of the tiny, exquisite brunette and the balletic beefcake made perfect theatrical sense, but it is only very recently that they have capitalised on their extraordinary chemistry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Here is <A HREF="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000148269364269&rtmo=fqawVv3s&atmo=99999999&pg=/et/00/8/5/badanc05.html" TARGET=_blank><I>Louise Levene's full interview</I></A> with this famous Russian pair in The Daily Telegraph. Isn't it a lovely atmospheric photo? <p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited August 05, 2000).]

Profile E-mail