public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Interviews
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:56 pm 

[img]../../../images/jadam.gif[/img] <P><BR>An interview from our special SFB in London section:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>An Interview with Julia Adam<BR>San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer and Choreographer</B><P>Azlan Ezaddin, criticaldance.com<P>Julia Adam has a reputation.<P>I'm speaking not of her dancing, as beautiful as it is, nor of her emerging talent as a choreographer, as brilliant as that is, but rather of her wit and her comedic timing. By her own account, she is known "... as the person who can make the room laugh." She can also make a whole theater laugh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=../../../interviews/jadam010801.html target=_blank><B>More</B></a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Interviews
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 3:21 pm 

[img]../../../images/llacarra.gif[/img]<P>And here's one of glamour princess, Lucia Lacarra:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>An Interview with Lucia Lacarra<BR>San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer<P>By Stuart Sweeney, criticaldance.com<P>San Francisco Ballet has many fine dancers. An illustration of this is that they fielded four top quality casts for <I>Swan Lake</I> when they were last in London. Several of their ballerinas were the talk of the town two years ago, but none more so than the Spanish born Lucia Lacarra. Her suppleness, grace and expressive qualities marked her out as something special. Stuart Sweeney met her at the Royal Opera House after class as she prepared for the Company's second visit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=../../../interviews/llacarra010812.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:52 pm 

<B>Me? I'm no wunderkind</B> <P>At 28, British choreographer Christopher Wheeldon has already conquered New York; now he is invading Edinburgh and London. And all because of an ankle injury, he tells Judith Mackrell in The Guardian<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It is more than a year since Christopher Wheeldon gave up performing with the New York City Ballet, but retiring from the stage has not made him any less of a star. At 28, he now ranks as one of the US's most courted classical choreographers. Not only has he cornered a major tranche of the freelance market, but he has just been appointed choreographer in residence at NYCB, as well as being signed up for Nicholas Hytner's new Broadway musical, The Sweet Smell of Success. This month Britain will see three of his ballets performed by two companies - San Francisco Ballet in London and NYCB in Edinburgh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P><A HREF="http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/story/0,3604,537012,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>more...</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 11:08 am 

[img]../../../images/jberman.gif[/img]<P>Joanna is indeed a very beautiful dancer and a very gracious woman:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>An Interview with Joanna Berman<BR>San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer<P>By Emma Pegler, criticaldance.com<P>Ballerina Joanna Berman joined San Francisco Ballet in 1984. She has been a principal dancer for over 13 years and dances the full repertory of the Company – both classical and modern roles. In London she is dancing in Christopher Wheeldon's "Sea Pictures," Mark Morris' "A Garden" and "Sandpaper Ballet," and Helgi Tomasson's "Chaconne for Piano and Two Dancers." I interviewed her after rehearsal on Wednesday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=../../../interviews/jberman010815.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:43 pm 

Just wanting to remind people that more interviews are on their way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:14 am 

Yes, I am still working on it. Please bear with me a little longer. The interview with Amanda Schull will be ready soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 3:17 pm 

Image<P>Didn't mean to rush you, Odile. Only reminding folks that we have more goodies on the way!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:32 am 

[img]../../../images/pfvilanoba.gif[/img]<P>Here's one of hunky Vilanoba by Emma:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>An Interview with Pierre-François Vilanoba<BR>San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer<P>By Emma Pegler, criticaldance.com<P>Pierre-François Vilanoba joined San Francisco Ballet in 1998 from the Paris Opera Ballet. He was promoted to principal in 1999 and dances SFB's full repertoire of classical and modern roles. During SFB's week in London he danced in Jerome Robbins' "Glass Pieces," Balanchine's "Symphony in Three Movements" and Helgi Tomasson's "Prism." Emma Pegler interviewed the dancer at the Royal Opera House halfway through the week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=../../../interviews/pfvilanoba010815.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:55 am 

Thanks you Emma for this beautiful portrait of this dancer I loved so much when he was in POB and I found so good when he was in Paris with SFB. <P>He was bad loved but he has right, he has charism and his stage presence is what it's the more important. I found his Othello absolutely wonderful. You only have to read again my cumments about him so I find him terrific. He has right too, French audience see too technical faults, I the first but we are certainly educated like that.<P>I'm glad he realises this career with SFB as I said several times he made the good choice and if I'm sad for POB, I'm happy for him and happy that SFB has a so magnificent dancer.<P>Did you see he has his own website <A HREF="http://www.vilanoba.com/top.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.vilanoba.com/top.jpg</A> <P><p>[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited August 20, 2001).]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:38 pm 

Thank you for your sentiments, Cathy.I did see and digest his web site. He is a charming man and very open and honest. I am only sorry he was dancing so little in London.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:00 pm 

[img]../../../images/aschull.gif[/img] <P><BR>As promised:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>An Interview with Amanda Schull<BR>San Francisco Ballet Corps Dancer and Film Actress</B><P>By Petra Tschiene, criticaldance.com<P>"I enjoy more dramatic pieces because to me the performance presentation of dance is more important than technique."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=../../../interviews/aschull010816.html target=_blank><B>More</B></a><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited August 21, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]