public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Basheva
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 6:01 pm 

I read your thread that broke down piruettes and i took out of it "look, spot, spot". Well, I went in my basement and practiced my turns. So, that is what i told myself. I not only cleaned up my doubles but i was doing tripples on my right side(on flat). So, I just want to say THANK YOU! a million times over THANK YOU!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Basheva
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 6:52 pm 

Born2Dance - we have helped each other....tellming me of your success has just made my day...it really has.<P>It's what an old teacher lives for.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 6:56 pm 

Here is the thread that Born2Dance is referring to:<P><A HREF=../../../ubb/Forum7/HTML/000591.html><B>TURNS/TEACHERS</B></A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 1:33 am 

Hey thanks for saying Born2dance, now I know it worked by you, I am going to try it to! I tell you or it did work<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 5:49 am 

Hmm, it does work, but I have one problem with pirouettes, I can never keep my balance, I always fall backwards or to the side. HELP!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 5:56 am 

Making sure you are pulled up for the whole movement should help you.<BR>A lot of people pull up to start with then relax as they spin....try it .....this should help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 6:01 am 

Another common error is to aim backward as you are doing the relevé. As you rise - aim forward onto your relevé foot. <P>Try it without the turn, stay up there for a moment or two, and see which way you fall. If you are falling backward - that is where you aimed. Your entire body has to come forward in that relevé. <P>Also try to come down before you fall down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 6:38 am 

Thanks, I will try it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 6:42 am 

should this same principle transfer over to pointe? I can do my single and then i realize that i am actually going around again and my brain freaks and i fall over. Help!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 8:14 am 

The same principle definitely applies to pointe.<P>I know exactly what you mean Born2Dance about "freaking out" LOL. <P>However, you can reason with your mind...ask yourself this question:<P>"How much further from the floor are you on demi-pointe as opposed to full pointe? " What would that be about two inches? So if you fall you would only be falling two inches. Big deal!! <P>Pirouettes are as much psychological as they are technical. I can give you the technical information, the psychological you have to take care of within your own brain. <P>Always go into the pirouette <I>expecting</I> to be successful. ALWAYS.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 8:55 am 

Hey thanks, it works, I have found out that I was to much at the back of my those with pirouettes. It also works when I make the pirouettes more calme, and you think that the arms support you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 9:01 am 

Those = Toose

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2001 9:35 am 

Elleke - the pirouettes should always be "calm" - that's a very good word for it.<P>As I said pirouettes are as much psychological as physical.<P>Also, if you want to change something you said after you are doing posting it, click on that little icon above your post on the right hand side, the picture of the pencil. That will give you back your posting box and you can then change anything you want to change.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]