public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am new!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:09 pm 

Hi all I just wanted to say that and let everyone know this is an awesome site. I know of another similar to this and would like to post it. It is dance.net I hope you guys don't mind me giving that out I just feel that dance should be spread everywhere and all people should have access to everything they can get there hands on to. Anyways, I am 16/f, from Cal.<BR>Lara

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I am new!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:55 pm 

Hello Ladancer75 - it's a pleasure to have you join us!!<P>We are probably neighbors - I am in San Diego. And, yes, let's spread dance around.<P>Once again, welcome!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 3:07 pm 

Thanks Basheva,<BR> Actually I live in the Central Valley in the mountains. The studio I attend is very small but we do really good at competitions. In July I am going with my studio, The Physical Factory to Anaheim, California for the Showstpppers National Finals. Anyways, everyone remember Live, Love, and Dance!<BR>Lara

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:20 pm 

Tollhouse? Let's see, isn't that about an hour's drive east of Fresno. Never been there but I used to visit Fresno and the surrounding area. California is so big that most people don't really get it. Once I had friends arriving at LAX calling me up in the SF Area asking to be picked up... They thought just because I was in California I was close by! It's almost 400 miles between SF and LA and that's not even half the length of the state.<P>Welcome, Lara. Good to see you around!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:21 pm 

You live in a very beautiful part of the world, Lara. Sequoia/King's Canyon National Parks (not far from you) is just about my favorite place to be.<P>I think I have gone there almost every year for 35 yrs. Always stayed in a cabin in Giant Forest - except now all the cabins have been torn down. So we stay at Montecito Lake in King's Canyon National Park. <P>Walking around Crescent Meadow is my idea of heaven - watching the aspen trees shimmer in the sunlight across the meadow. One can hear the tinkling bells of their leaves as the breeze skips through. And deer in the meadow.....I have a favorite rock to sit on there. <P>And the mystery of the chaos in the center of Hazelwood Nature Trail. There's a magic circle there that a doe told me about, a long time ago. <P>Mountain laurel, wild roses, manzanita, pine and fir. But most of all the giant Sequoia trees, stippled in gold, reflecting the sunlight. Sentinels of the centuries.<P>Yes, indeed, you live in a very beautiful place, Lara.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 2:24 pm 

Yah I live about an hour east of Fresno. I love going into the Sequias (spelling, sorry). Why do you come to Fresno? It is very icky down there. I love where I live because everyone knows everyone. Especially at the highschool I attend. But anyways, Me gusta mucho bailar!<BR>Lara<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 5:18 pm 

I used to have friends in Fresno... wouldn't have visited otherwise...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:31 am 

Oh thats cool.<BR>Lara

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:56 am 

I am new to this board too and I agree, it is awesome. I am originally from San Diego, but now live in the Detroit area, and Basheva, your comments make me homesick. My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to California next spring. We are thinking of a spending time in the Monterey Peninsula and San Francisco, but a visit to the Sequoias would be a nice side trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:04 am 

Kathyrufous - if you need any information about the Sequoia/King's Canyon area (I don't know how familiar you are with that area) let me know. There are many new things that have happened in the parks which affect travelers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:14 pm 

Kathy, keep in mind that the Sequoia National Park is about a five-hour drive from SF. Perhaps a shorter trip to Muir Woods might be an alternative for you?<P>Also, don't forget to schedule your visit with SFB's season in mind. Image

Profile E-mail