public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dance lesson
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 8:48 am 

Hello,<BR> <BR>I am a french lady aged 29 years old, I practised classical dance for 9 years in Paris and since 4 years I have been practising modern jazz dance also in Paris. Furthermore I am fan of the choregrapher Maurice Bejart and I used to often go the see great performance to the French opera with french dancer such as sylvie Guillem, Laurent Hilaire, Isabelle Guerin, etc...<BR>I am currently living in Sunnyvale, and I try to find a place where I could keep dancing modern dance. I do not have the level to enter in a company but I just want to take lesson as an amateur, a fan.<BR> <BR>Please could you help me, because here I encounter some difficulties to find a place to take lesson of dance.<BR> <BR>Many thanks for your help<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dance lesson
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 11:27 am 

Welcome Isabelle - glad to have you here!! <P>You mentioned that you are now living in Sunnyvale - is that Sunnyvale, California? It would be important for us to know this before someone could help you. <P>I am not a modern dancer/teacher - but there are many people here who are very knowledgeable about this and I am sure will gladly help if they know where you are. <P>Also, have you tried to find modern classes in a college near you? So many colleges do offer classes in modern dance.<P>Meanwhile - welcome - great to have you with us. <p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited December 01, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 4:17 pm 

isabelle, welcome. we DO have a lot of posters (and readers) in the SF bay area, so i am confident there will be some answers for you soon. Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2000 5:20 pm 

Isabelle, I got a private response from a dancer who says you might want to try Zohar School of Dance in Palo Alto:<P>4000 Middlefield Rd # L4<BR>Palo Alto, CA 94303<BR>(650) 857-1005<P>Hope this helps.

Profile E-mail