public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who is qualified to teach 3-5yo 'Dance'?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 2:48 pm 

Very true Basheva.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 5:11 pm 

agree, basheva - but i get the impression that your lifestyle cushions you rather more from other people's judgement than mine does, without getting into personal details. i personally have the courage of my convictions, so don't really care what people think - but at the same time, as a small business person i HAVE to care what people think, as (especially in a small community) people DO make judgements about you, that may affect whether or not they want to patronise you. and on a more personal level, we are all judged by our peers, our families, our teachers, as successes or failures, to some extent or other......how much we care is up to us, but we are all only human.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 5:32 pm 

People have the right to judge especially how we affect others, they even have the right to judge how we each chose to spend our time, but we also have the right be declare ourselves independent of that judgement when we do not impact others. <P>If one choses to spend one's time watching soap operas on television, that shouldn't affect how one teaches or is perceived to teach dance. <P>If I decided at a hoary old age to take up piano lessons, others may judge that as they see fit - and I can ignore that judgement as I see fit. I am only held responsible if my time and actions negatively affects others.<P>I think - LOL - that this topic has strayed a bit...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 6:52 pm 

Not realy sure how this all strayed to the subject of judgement.<P> However when reading it did occur to me to mention the most often our harshest judges are ourselves.<P>Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 8:34 am 

Sorry to keep this thread straying but ...<P>After my show last year i had one parent come up to congratulate me on how good it was and they said they were amazed at how well thought out it was - all the themes and the music chosen for the themes and the costumes and all the other classes that I had to choreograph dances for. She admitted that she really didn't realise how much work i had to do until she saw the big picture as it were. I think quite often parents see you teaching their child for one hour a week and don't think of you as teaching any other classes (and why should they?) - it is only when the whole school gets together for an event like shows and to a lesser extent exams that they realise how they fit into the big picture.

Profile E-mail