public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: intermediate ballet exams- where to study?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:02 pm 

Is it possible or 'allowed' for a student to attend to different dance schools that both do the russian ballet syllabus.
I need o do as many ballet classes as possible but by going to one school i only get four classes yet if i go to another local school i get double this. I am so keen to improve and need to be doing at least one ballet class a day.

However, one of the schools have said i may take my exam. What if the teacher from the other school is my examiner , is this possible? Should i just stick to one school? Although both have good points and i am definately not getting enough point work by going to one school alone!!!!

Post subject: Re: intermediate ballet exams- where to study?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:09 am 

Louise have you spoken to your teacher about this. Is there any way they could offer you a few private lessons to make you feel more confident or this a too expensive option?

I would be quite happy for a student of mine to attend another school as well to help boost their training as long as I knew the school was a good one and I couldn't offer them any additional classes. However not all teachers feel like this and some would ask you to leave if you were attending another school. I am not saying this is right but something you need to consider.

If you did go to another school and it turns out this person was going to be your examiner then yes this would also be a problem.

I think you need to talk to your teacher.

Profile E-mail