public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SF East Bay Studios? Tucson Studios?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 1:59 pm 

apologies to lisa, who sent me this request a week ago - i've just been too busy to put it up.....can anyone help? i know we have some east bay readers! Image<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I was wondering if you knew of any good studios in the Bay Area, preferably the East Bay. <P>I've taken from Ballet and Theatre Arts in Danville, but I was the oldest dancer and didn't like it much. I am 18 years old and want to find a good summer program (May to August) that caters to adults.<P>I attend college at the University of Arizona. Are there any good studios in Tucson??? If you could get back to me I would really appreciate it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SF East Bay Studios? Tucson Studios?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 8:07 pm 

I would recommend Berkeley Ballet Theatre. Their phone is 510/843-4687 and they are located at 2640 College Avenue in Berkeley (behind the Julia Morgan Theatre). They offer open/advanced classes Monday-Friday 9:30-11:15 am and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00-11:45 am. Sally Streets is one of the teachers. She is wonderful. She is an ex New York City Ballet dancer and principal dancer with Oakland Ballet. Her daughter is NYCB's ballerina, Kyra Nichols. Their summer program usually commences after the 4th of July and ends the second week in August. During that time, they offer pointe class (which follows the above mentioned open/advanced classes), pas de deux, modern, etc.

Profile E-mail