public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Association for private dance studios
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 2:35 am 

You will find a lot of websites from associations any colour on the WWW for Dance Teachers (education), for professional dance programms, for dance research, for companies and so on ...<P>Actually it’s hard to find a website about a representive association for private dance schools.<BR>Is this true, or is it just hard to find? <P>The Australian Association for Dance Education had formulated a – im my opinion wonderful - Code of Ethics. Look for the Appendix B <A HREF="http://sunsite.anu.edu.au/ausdance/teachers/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://sunsite.anu.edu.au/ausdance/teachers/index.html</A> <P>In these Code of Ethics there is talk about much more as “just the teaching in class”. It’s also about a) business practice, b) facilities and things like that.<P>I have been asked to establish a association for (private) dance schools in Germany. I know an organisation in Holland (NBOB – also just grounded). But: Is there anybody whith adresses in any other country? <BR>I like to come in touch with these associations and share experiences.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Association for private dance studios
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 7:10 am 

That is a very interesting site, Berry, thank you. I found it a bit difficult to read because of the color background - but lots of good information and certainly a good idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:16 am 

Does no answer means: NO association for private dance schools in the world?<P>Please, that cannot be true. Help me!?<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 3:24 am 

Hi Berry! I have checked for the UK and no one knows of any such association here.<P>Could you tell us a bit more about what the role of your proposed association would be? It may be that those roles are tackled by other groups here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:42 am 

Hi Stuart, actually i was hoping that the UK would have such a kind of association. But thank you for checking it out already. I have “throw” the functions in a translate machine and i must say, after i did that, i didn’t understood the functions anymore ): <BR>But perhaps you do. The functions are at the end of the posting.<P>So why? <P>Here in Germany it’s the “music” who plays a very important role. It is really hard for dance (but also for Drama) to survive. I must say the “Music-associations” do know how to operate. Music becomes 90 % more money from the state as dance does. <P>Okay, i think that’s everywhere the same. Dancers don’t like to build a lobby. There is a association for music-schools. There is a music-school in almost every city and they become really money (50% of all costs come from the state). Dance is all private.<P>We do have a association for dance teachers. But they care about standards of teaching (unfortunatly only classical, no modern, jazz, tap or whateverelse) and not about Consultation of the ballet schools, Public relations. They even don’t talk with professional dance educations.<P>The thing is to make dance stronger at the bottom. Building a network with dance schools. Explain the universities what kind of teachers we need. Telling the politics who important dance is. (At a congress some weeks ago “musicians” were reporting about a research “when your child is playing music the child will be much more intelligent as before”. So they were asking for more money. And be sure: they will get it).<P>The organization has in particular the following functions: <BR>a) Consultation of the ballet schools and their carriers, particularly regarding planning, establishment and development; <BR>b) Perception and support of common interests of the ballet schools with country and landscape federation and professional associations<BR>c) Consultation of the central associations of Germany in all questions of the ballet schools; <BR>d) Co-operation with the general-forming schools and the training centres for professional dancetraining; Perception of the interests of the ballet schools with the formation of the teachers, measures as the teacher advanced training; <BR>e) Development of syllabus, skeleton syllabuses and guidelines for educational and organizational affairs<BR>f) Promotion of exchange of experience in contentwise and organizational questions; <BR>g) Supply of the samples of statutes, contracts of employment, regulations of charges and training;<BR>h) Public relations.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 5:50 pm 

berry - i definitely can help here, and i am amazed and pleasantly surprised that it is YOU -and not i- who is bringing forward the name of AUSDANCE (what USED to be called, about 10 years ago, the australian association for dance in education: AADE). <P>it is generally acknowledged that ausdance is leading the world in their dance teachers' guidelines proposals (basheva: these are the same teacher 'registration' guidelines, which have been referred to in other threads here already, sometimes obliquely). i agree with you, basheva, that the background colour is not good to read on - fortunately i have my own booklet copies in print! these are obtainable from ausdance at minimal charge - though i THINK the postage charge might be exorbitant, so that nullifies the cheapness of the products! Image<P>berry, when i have more time i can be more help here. in england, there is no such organisation, BUT nigel whatshisname at dance teachers online (DTOL) is obviously aiming to provide a similar service, or focal point. in fact, recently he was invited to singapore, to establish such an organisation there - so he might be worth you contacting. i know that he will refer you to AUSDANCE, as the model example.<P>more later, berry - sorry too busy right now! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 5:53 pm 

here is a link to DTOL in a thread about that site:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000296.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000296.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:36 am 

Than you Grace. I have send Nigel an email. <P>When I receive a reaction, i will inform you.

Profile E-mail