public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What Ballet Syllabus do you use?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 3:43 pm 

antoP, that is great, amd mom2 i don't find you going off topic ....but perhaps we shall start another thread, to explore that interesting issue further.....?<P>antoP - in a way you have answered your own question, in the first para - i suppose that by 'VERY recreational' i mean those who want to dance- but really DO NOT want to "learn a discipline" as you say.....<P>we find here that this is often related to the suburb one teaches in....for example, there re some 'arty' communities where alternative schooling is popular, etc - where real ballet (like RAD ballet) would be out of place, no matter how good the syllabus...but they still think they want to 'DO' ballet....does this explain it? if not, please say so, as i want us to understand each other. Image your input is so valuable to us...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 1:48 am 

Because of the expense and high standards expected of RAD candidates , this year I only entered 7 students. 2 Primary, 2 Grade 2and 3 Grade 3. I alos had to combine my hours with another teacher as I did not have the required 4 hour minimum. Next year I have 9 pre- primays, 2 primary, 2 Grade 3 and 3 Grade 4. I will still have to combine to have sufficent hours.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 2:29 am 

G'day from Australia and Happy New Millenium (the real one!)<P>I do Cecchetti, and I love it! A tricky syllabus in some aspects, but rewarding. I am just starting elementary at 27.<P>Nigel

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 5:31 pm 

hi nigel - good to see you again (and i agree with you, as do "all sensible people"!!) that THIS is the new millenium!<P>rixont has brought up another reason why, IMO, RAD does not suit some communities - and that is the expense.

Profile E-mail