public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pro arch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:39 am 

I would apreciate any thoughts on the new device aimed to improve feet:"pro arch". <BR>Has anyone tried it?<BR>Did it work? <BR>Or, is it a waste of $$? <BR>Thanks<BR>

Post subject: Re: pro arch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 4:34 am 

i haven't tried it, nor seen it in real life - only at their site. i recall that it was quite expensive, and that other people had commented that it was possible to quite easily make one of your own, cheaply. however, usually we are much keener on 'investing' money, and our hopes, in some expensive gadget that promises quicker results than what we normally see! that's commonly called 'advertising' or 'promotion' - not necessarily a fact! Image<P>do a search and you might find the thread where i put up their site.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 6:48 am 

I have found that there are very few devices that are as efficacious as thoughtful care and work at a given problem. <P>However, there are a couple of things you can do to increase the flexibility of your foot. You can pick small objects up with your toes. You can sit on ravel up a towel with your toes. This is simple, inexpensive and better yet, works. Lots of luck!!<P>------------------<BR>Approach life as a dancer approaches the barre, with grace and purpose.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 7:25 am 

purple, i just did a search for that pro-arch info i thought i posted here, and i can't find it. so i'll get it again for you, a bit later....OK? Image<P>have you seen it, or just seen an ad? if it was an australian ad, how much was it, in australian $?<P>also, if you are thinking of using it for yourself, what sort of feet have you got? what exactly, do you feel the need to work on?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 5:28 am 

grace; I haven't seen it in Australia yet, but it is always advertised in the back of Dance Europe magazine. <BR>I think you have to get it shipped over, and they cost at least a couple of hundred, I think.. If you happen to pick the magazine up somewhere, have a look at the ad: it looks alittle dangerous if the device slips!<BR>I was not actually seriously considering getting it, but more curious. I just wanted to know if people had used it, and got good results like they promised.<BR>As for my feet, I have no arches, plus I have tendonitis in the inside of one, so they jsut don't seem to look very nice at all! I will keep working on it though! :O)<P>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 6:43 am 

Purple - try the foot exercises mentioned above. They do help.......<P>------------------<BR>Approach life as a dancer approaches the barre, with grace and purpose.

Profile E-mail