public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome Tuk: new Moderator!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 2:30 pm 

We are really pleased to be able to welcome Tuk (Teacher UK) to criticaldance as a moderator in The Studio forum. <P>His background and skills offer us all a great deal of value and interest.<P>Tuk lives near london and has been a dancer and dance teacher in europe. He now teaches ballet (RAD & Cecchetti), modern, jazz, contemporary and body conditioning.<P>He is currently working on the dissertation for his MA in Ballet Studies at University<BR>of Surrey, Roehampton.<P>His experience is broad, including anatomy courses, information technology courses, dance history and it's teaching.....and more.<P>I hope he will fill you in more, in his entry in 'whoweare', which will be accessible from the homepage (when he's written it!) - that's where all our biogs are.<P>Welcome Tuk! Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Welcome Tuk: new Moderator!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 6:19 pm 

Yay Tuk! Image<BR>I've really enjoyed your contributions to the boards here, and take this moderatorship to mean there's more on the way. How lucky we are!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 4:40 am 

I have been hoping to see more requests for dance technique/movement information. With Tuk's excellent advice available, here's hoping we see more questions along this line.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:13 am 

after a long absence caused by other demands on his time, Tuk has regretfully decided that he should withdraw as a moderator for the STUDIO, at least for the time being, due to other commitments.<P>his place remains open to him if/when he wishes to return, and in the meantime he will be working on a new proposal for the CD site - more on that later as it develops.<P>note that Tuk's excellent dance training articles remain available here, and that one was even picked up recently for publication by a new actors website, to help actors with movement skills.<P>if you do a SEARCH with just the word Tuk in the box, you will get 3 threads in STUDIO, one of which has links to all his articles.<P>good luck with your dissertation, Tuk, and we look forward to seeing you back one day. in the meantime, please post whenever the urge takes you! Image<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 11:57 am 

I would like to publicly thank Grace, Stuart and Azlan for all their support whilst I have been a moderator and say how grateful I was to be offered the privilege of contributing to the work of criticaldance. I hope that all members, particularly those who regularly post in the studio forum, will forgive me for my prolonged absences. However, I hope that I will soon be able to contribute in a positive fashion to the continued success of the site.<P>Best wishes<P>Tuk<BR>

Profile E-mail