public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new pointe shoes
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:10 pm 

about a year or so ago I read an article somewhere about a new type of pointe shoe that prevented the health hazards of dancing pointe. I can't find any new info on them, anyone know where I can find info or know anything about them? the article said many dancers were wary of the new shoe, but I was just curious to see if anyone had tried them, or knew of them, and could help me find them.<BR>thanks a lot!<BR>Peaceout!<BR><P>------------------<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: new pointe shoes
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 7:38 pm 

dear faerie, i may well be wrong here, but i am guessing that you may be referring to gaynor minden shoes?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.dancer.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dancer.com/</A> <P>i am moving this post to THE STUDIO, where the most helpful people in this area, are more likely to see it...thanks for posting. Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: new pointe shoes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:58 am 

<BR>Welcome to the Board Faerie Magick - <P>Before commenting one would have to know what pointe shoes are being referred to..........otherwise we are just guessing. <P>Aren't the Gaynor Mindens the ones made with fiber glass? I just read the site that Grace gave about Gaynor Mindens - and it said that the shoe will keep its original shape - I actually liked a shoe that conformed to my feet. <P>But I have to say in all honesty, here that these shoes were not available in San Diego when I was dancing so I have no personal experience with them. There was another shoe out though that also claimed the same things and I found that I really liked a shoe that shaped itself, with use, to my foot.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited November 05, 2000).]

Profile E-mail