public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New on the Blue Diamond adult dance website
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 1:11 pm 

Hi everyone:<P>I've just finished my year-end update of the Blue Diamond adult ballet website (well, almost finished -- still want to add a recent Washington Post story about a 57-year-old performing dancer who began dance classes not too many years ago). Anyhow, for those who may be interested, here's what's new as of now. <P>•New recommended teachers in Alabama; Colorado; Massachusetts; Minnesota; <BR>New York; Ontario, Canada; Cambridge, England; and London, England. A new <BR>round of updates including New England in the US, Australia, and more will <BR>be coming soon.<P>•If you haven't stopped by in a while, our message board (known as The <BR>Coffeehouse) is really going wild. Many very helpful regular posters and a <BR>lot of great camaraderie. In fact, about a month ago, a poster named Basheva appeared, who answers just about every single post. And refers many people to criticaldance.com. Low and behold, I see she's one of the moderators here. It's a small world.<P>•I've elaborated on my article about ballet and attention deficit disorder <BR>(ADD), and have also added a recent New York Times feature to the site on <BR>the subject of karate and ADD. The consensus: Structured movement such as <BR>martial arts or ballet is astoundingly helpful. (Well, those of us with <BR>ADD knew this all along.)<P>•Dancing dads in Nutcracker -- all of you dancing guys out there will enjoy <BR>this one. It's a feature story that one of our Blue Diamond friends told me about, and I've put a copy of it on the site. Men: You'll identify. Women: You'll get a sense of what the adult ballet experience is like for guys. <P>•The links page has been completely rethought and redone, featuring some <BR>new sites (including costuming and set design) that will inspire those of <BR>us trying to do our own thing in dance. And, as always, I'm looking for <BR>great, inspiring links. So, take a look at the new links page, and if you <BR>have a great addition, please let me know.<P>Holiday bargains at the Blue Diamond store:<BR>•If you're a Blue Diamond Newsletter subscriber, you'll receive 25% off <BR>every single item from now through Dec. 31. So, if you've coveted that special ballet CD or ballet skirt, or want to choose a meaningful gift for your teacher, now may be the best time. Among new items are Resist-a-Bands and Josu Gallastegui CDs.<P>Happy holidays -- and nice to visit your homebase, Basheva!<P>Rosetta <A HREF="http://www.blue-diamond-dance.com" TARGET=_blank>www.blue-diamond-dance.com</A> <BR>

Post subject: Re: New on the Blue Diamond adult dance website
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 1:15 pm 

Thanks for the update, Rosetta! I do love your site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 4:29 pm 

hi rosetta, it's good to see you back. please DO post here more often if you possibly can find the time (!), whether your own opinions, or promos for your unique site. we all admire your site, i'm sure - i know i do. Image<P>i'm interested to see who the recommended australian teachers for adults are - i'll have a look. i know of one, but i wasn't sure if i 'qualified', to post it, because i am now more her peer, than her student...i used to do classes with her, and she's the main adult teacher in perth, western australia, having a small but devoted following. her name's heather callander.<P>i wish adult ballet was more popular here, as it seems to be in the states. i have just commenced an adult ballet class myself (run for 6 weeks now), and it has been quite a surprise, to discover how deeply appreciative the adults are....and so sensible - they don't do 'stupid' things in exercises, like kids do - anything to cut corners, and make it easier! - adults seem to observe better...anyway, that's more a topic for YOUR board, isn't it! Image<P>the ADD stuff is of interest to me, too, and i will make time to read it next week when my concert is out of the way.<P>basheva is just indefatigable....she loves what she is doing online, and i'm sure you'll agree that she gives very sound advice. i do think, though, that for adults it is very nice to have an adult dance community, such as you provide, and that therefore your posters are secure with you. <P>congrats on finding the time and energy to do such a big Blue Diamond update -- i need to do the very same, with my woefully neglected site....which shall remain nameless here, out of embarrassment at it's present state.....<P>hoping to see maybe some regular reminders here -? - that blue diamond is there for the adults - i'm sure those adults who post here will appreciate finding you.<P>happy christmas! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:37 pm 

Hello Rosetta - it is very nice to finally "meet" you! I join Grace and Azlan in welcoming you and inviting you to post here and enjoy this board.<P>Welcome!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 6:08 am 

Rosetta, I would like to add my opinion that I think you have a *wonderful* site. An incredibly useful tool for the adult dancer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 9:50 am 

Rosetta, your site is excellent. May I link to it? <P>(And Grace, when can I link to your site? Image)<P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~<BR><A HREF="http://www.freetown.com/Uptown/HaightAshbury/1055/ballet.html" TARGET=_blank>Balletica</A><BR>

Profile E-mail