public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vorielli method
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 7:19 am 

Is anyone familiar with it? I heard from another forums site that it is good for "athletic and buff" (???) people...? Maybe I am just uninformed, but I haven't heard of it here where i live. I am guessing it is from Italy?? <P>

Post subject: Re: Vorielli method
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2000 5:47 pm 

oh dear, purple! in a way i am sad that you have asked this, but in a way i am flattered that you are asking US! Image<P>the reason that i am sad, is that i saw that post, too. i tried to post an answer there, at that unmoderated board, but my passwords keep getting all screwed up there - i can't remember what's what, and the ones i wrote down no longer work, since they had that changeover/upgrade. i guess i should just register again......<P>anyway, sorry for the diversion from the topic.<P>that poster is a fraud in my opinion.<P>for starters i have known many dancers, and many famous dancers, (genuinely) and i have never ever known ONE who would sign their posts 'a famous ballet dancer'....i think someone is 'having you on'!<P>i have also never heard of a 'Vorielli method'- although i would be MOST intrigued to discover i am wrong - and i am sure that at least someone here, will set out to try to enable that! Image<P>has anyone here heard of this? <P>purple, the other advice given by this writer in their other posts - about diet and so on - cannot be relied on, either. this is one of the dangers of an unmoderated board, so you just need to develop some healthy scepticism! Image<P>however, please do not deveop as much 'scepticism' as another poster at yet another board - who did a big rant at someone, for being so ridiculous as to suggest there was a 'hamburger ballet' and then to insult them by asking questions about it! the poor original poster was asking serious questions, about the very highly regarded and internationally known hamburg ballet school in germany, under the direction of john neumeier! <P>fortunately, after a while, a couple of other posters at least recognised that the question had been a genuine one, even though they couldn't provide a lot of info! Image (in case anyone IS interested, this school has accepted a lot of west australians, on scholarship, as one of our training institutions has a relationship with them, and the school is certainly extremely good.)<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 5:26 am 

There is not one single mention of the word "Vorielli" if searching using Dogpile.com.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:01 am 

There is not one word about it on Google either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:48 pm 

just to fill out the picture a little, here are some of those posts:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I think it takes practically all your youth to become the best possible ballet dancer you can be. It took me several years to become the great dancer that I am now. I give you my deepest upmost support for the future. Good Luck! <BR>Measmoi <BR>(famous ballet dancer)<P>-------------------------------------------------------------<P>Dear Madge: I would first like to say that you are not alone in your abdominal obsession. Girls in my classes and alot of guys excercise their stomach muscles too much. It creates many problems if you want to be a ballet dancer. You cannot bend as easily like this and you don't look small and elegant when performing. You should only work your abs for 5 mins 4 days a week. Believe<BR>me... It does wonders and I also have personal experience. YOu will look more elegant in no time. Good luck with your further and I believe great performances. <BR>Measmoi <BR>(famous ballet dancer)<P>---------------------------------------------------------------<P>Dear Annie: <BR>There are many things you can do to relieve cracking hips. One very good method is to do certain excersises, which you can find out from certain doctors. But only the best, and most expensive, unfortunately. Or you can just ignore my very good advice, and think up something on your own. Well, got to go, <BR>good luck darling, <BR>measmoi <BR>(famous ballet dancer)<P>-----------------------------------------------------------------<P>Dear Pticat: I truly believe that the style of dance a person does completely depends on their personality. If you are loud and outgoing, you should go into Cachetti. If you are small and quiet, you should go to pointe ballet. If you are very athletic and buff, you should go to Vorielli. But then again, you must think about how well you have been doing in your former classes. Good luck and have a good future! <BR>Sincerely, <BR>measmoi <BR>(famous ballet dancer) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i think we should all give thanks for this MODERATED board. Image<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 4:57 am 

Thanks everyone; and yes, I DO appreciate moderated boards!! <P>Grace; I'm glad you read the post too. I don't really use that site much as I find it unreliable, but I occasionally look at it to see if there's anything new.. in my original post I was on the verge of writing something about the "famous ballet dancer",(LOL when I saw it) but I didn't want to offend anyone, just in case. I knew I could rely on people here, so that's why I posted this up.<BR>I see some pretty unrealistic/random replies on some of the ballet boards I've been to, and in some cases I have written complaining about the info given, but there's just too many! I guess that's the bad thing about the internet; we (dance students) especially can get really obsessed and will take ANY, I mean ANY advice there is on those boards. I'm sure you've seen enough messages titled "Help me!!" , etc,etc.<P>Oh, and Grace, I just LOVED the "Dear Annie" one!!!! You have a great sense of humour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 1:03 pm 

The journalist in me smells a put-on here. The famous ballet dancer signs her name "Measmoi." Pronounce this aloud. It sounds just like the (English) word "miasma." <P>For those still perplexed, the description of miasma: "a vaporous exhalation formerly believed to cause disease ... an influence or atmosphere that tends to deplete or corrupt ...."<P>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:23 pm 

Sounds like the La Brea Tar Pits to me....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 5:22 pm 

For additional erudite discussion on this important matter please proceed to "Fun Stuff" -

Profile E-mail