public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaqueline Dumont
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 9:33 am 

Following my 9 year old daughter's first lesson as a Royal Ballet Junior Associate, I must tell you all how wonderful Jaqui Dumont is.<BR>She is enthusiastic, committed, and, most importantly, approachable and so keen for all the children to do well. She has some marvellous ideas for the younger dancers and the Teacher Link programme which she is very involved with.<BR>She put both myself and my daughter at ease and it was a pleasure to meet and talk to her.<BR>Has anyone else ever met her and, if so, what do they think of her?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Jaqueline Dumont
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 10:02 am 

Welcome back, Lisa.<P>I don't know much about Dumont myself but I am sure there are others here who do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 2:42 am 

hi lisa. actually it was me who emailed you jacqui's name, when you asked for it, via alt.arts.ballet....hope you don't mind if i move this thread down to THE STUDIO? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 3:22 pm 

lisa, i have a vague recollection of either meeting or seeing dumont only once. she had similar responsibilities, here in australia, for some years under gailene stock's direction of the ABS. she was also involved in the ABS teacher training programme, which was then suspended. i really never heard much about her, then, so it's good to know that her qualities really warranted her being taken to the UK,to continue to contribute in a supportive role to Stock, at RBS.<P>does she actually teach your daughter's class, or administer?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 1:43 am 

Gemma has a fantastic teacher called Karen Paisey but Jacqui visited Bristol to meet all the new students under her 'control' as it were.<BR>She is the principal of the Junior and Mid Associates and the Teacher Link programme.<BR>My whole opinion of the R.B. has changed so much after just one meeting with them both; I was in two minds as to whether to send Gemma but now I know we've made the right decision.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 2:46 pm 

well, well, well - so THAT's what karen paisey is doing!<P>thanks lisa. interesting. when i was living in london in the 80's, karen was an RB principal, but i had not heard where she went to....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 8:24 am 

Gavin,<BR>She really is a remarkable woman. She mentioned the changes she was going to try and make when I met her in Bristol; it all sounds very exciting I must say.<BR>She appears to be a very dedicated woman who loves her job immensely; the welfare of her students is of the utmost importance.<BR>She will leave a great impression on you, I have no doubt. I could have sat and listened to her for hours.<BR>Enjoy your meeting.<P>Lisa

Profile E-mail