public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dance Notation: Benesh & Labanotation
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 7:30 pm 

Don't forget Labanotation and Laban Analysis are not the same thing. I was confused.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:30 am 

Coming across this thread I thought it might be the place to mention a new resource that recently came into my possession.<P>It is not too often these days that a dance related book is published that I would whole heartedly recommend but for those interested in Benesh Notation and with at least a basic grasp of French I would really endorse Éliane Mirzabekiantz's 'Grammaire de la notation Benesh', published by the centre national de la danse. I have been using it in my preparation for teaching notation to my new A Level class this coming term and have found it exceptionally clear, even with my very basic understanding of written French. I obtained my copy via the Benesh Institute in London, which distributes its material via RAD Trading.<P>UK - (0)207 326 8080<BR>sales@rad.org.uk<P>I am sorry that my written French is not up to putting this message in the French language forum.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 10:39 am 

Thank you so much Tuk - it is much appreciated.<P>Perhaps if Marie or Cathy have a chance they will put it into the French Forum for us.<P>Once again, thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 9:42 am 

Coming across this thread I thought it might be the place to mention a new resource that recently came into my possession.<P>It is not too often these days that a dance related book is published that I would whole heartedly recommend but for those interested in Benesh Notation and with at least a basic grasp of French I would really endorse Éliane Mirzabekiantz's 'Grammaire de la notation Benesh', published by the centre national de la danse. I have been using it in my preparation for teaching notation to my new A Level class this coming term and have found it exceptionally clear, even with my very basic understanding of written French. I obtained my copy via the Benesh Institute in London, which distributes its material via RAD Trading.<P>UK - (0)207 326 8080<BR>sales@rad.org.uk<P>I am sorry that my written French is not up to putting this message in the French language forum.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 10:10 am 

TUK - your previous post on August 29th did show up - and I see you have repeated it on the 30th. Sometimes this happens. You might need to use your refresh or reload button so you can see that your post did show up.<P>Azlan has stated (hope that I get this right) that this is sometimes a caching problem. The post is there, we can see it - but you can't see it. So when this happens, try your reload/refresh button.<P>And, once again thanks for all your input. It is appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Dance Notation: Benesh & Labanotation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:17 am 

Deborah Jowitt in the Village Voice:

Quote:
The notion of an alphabet of bodily gestures has fascinated dancemakers in different ways.
<a href=http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0305/jowitt.php target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:43 am 

Focus on Dance Careers: Labanotation
By Katie Bartlett for Dancing Times

By learning Labanotation, a system of recording and analysing all kinds of human movement, you’ll never forget a piece of choreography again. Every detail from the part of the body to the direction of each movement is recorded on a vertical staff, making it possible to reconstruct a dance from the score any number of times.

click for more

Profile E-mail