public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: flexibility
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:48 pm 

Just a quick question. If one was extremely flexible in ones youth, is there anyway to gain back most of that flexibility later on in life? Especially after say a break of 20 years or more? would love to hear any/all advise to as whether it is possible. What exercises could perhaps help and also would muscle memory come into the fore?Just an experiement I would love to try :D

Post subject: Re: flexibility
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:21 pm 
I think flexibility is one of those things that are built in--if you were born with it, you'll always have it to some extent, but you have to keep in shape.

To get back to where you were, I would simply start stretching, very carefully and slowly, every day, and set small goals for yourself. Whatever you do, DON'T FORCE THE STRETCH. Go slowly and stop when it hurts. Be kind to your body.

Post subject: Re: flexibility
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:30 pm 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS BETH. I SHALL SET SMALL GOALS AS SUGGESTED. I AM JUST VERY CURIOUS AS TO HOW FAR ONE CAN ACTUALLY GO WITH IT ALL. I WILL BE WRITING A PAPER FOR PERSONAL USE BUT WILL BE WILLING TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE IF NEED BE. I THINK I SHALL START OF AT 1 MONTH, 3 MONTH, 6 MONTH, 8 MONTH AND 12 MONTH GOALS. SHOULD BE INTERESTING. WILL ALSO BE RESEARCHING AS WELL AS DANCE, CROSS TRAINING TO ALSO HELP REGAIN FLEXIBILITY. PLEASE WISH ME LUCK. ;)