public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PELVIC STRENGTH
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:41 pm 

I am researching exercises that help with Pelvic Strength (not only ballet exercises but also excercise from a cross training perspective). and thoughts, comments, observations and/or advice greatly appreciated as always.cheers.

Post subject: Re: PELVIC STRENGTH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:05 am 

Believe it or not some old standby exercises such as crunches and pushups help alot for ballet class, not only because they build strength in those areas but you begin to develop a kinesthetic awareness during class. Pilates is also wonderful for stabilizing the pelvis along with yoga as stabilizing the pelvis is just as important as strengthening it. Also just being aware of your body in daily activities helps tremendously because you are teaching your body to remember how to stay aligned. Plus a good tip is to recognize during class what your weak spots are and ask your teacher for exercises to strengthen those areas. More than likely it will have something to do with the pelvic region. For me its my inner thighs and lower abdominal muscles. A weakness in one set of muscles effects the entire region.
Hope these tips help. I know what you're going through since I was a late starter myself.

vd2001