public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dancer/teacher in Kansas City
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 4:29 pm 

I am an adult male who has always wanted to take ballet. Finally, I am ready to get started. I am currently looking for a teacher or dancer in Kansas City to give me private lessons. I would feel more comfortable starting with private lessons before going to group lessons. I am in good shape and fairly athletic and flexible. You don't have to be an instructor, just someone that is educated in dance and willing to help a a beginner; Please e-mail me if interested. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dancer/teacher in Kansas City
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 4:55 pm 

hi ronnie, Image welcome to criticaldance and i hope we can help you. <P>normally this type of post would go in THE STUDIO, but i am going to leave it here in MISCELLANY, temporarily, just on the off-chance that someone ELSE appropriate might see it.....<P>STUDIO tends to attract more teachers and dancers, who may not have time to view all of the rest of the board, as well - but i am not aware of anyone in there, at present, who is from your area: Kansas City.<P>we'll do whatever we can - there are lots of contacts people have, even if they are not from that area - so be patient, and check back, OK? Image <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 5:09 pm 

Hello Ronnie, and congratulations on your decision to begin ballet! I hope someone who reads our forum can help you. If not, perhaps you could look in your yellow pages and find a school. Often they can help you with becoming comfortable taking lessons, and perhaps suggest someone who can give you some private lessons until you are ready to go into a class. Good luck, and enjoy!<p>[This message has been edited by Maggie (edited November 10, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 7:03 am 

Hello Ronnie - let me also welcome you!!<P>There is a Kansas City Ballet - and they might be a very good source for you to find someone interested in giving you private lessons: <A HREF="http://www.kcballet.org/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.kcballet.org/</A> <P>You also might try the colleges in your area - they often have dance departments with someone - like a senior student who might be interested. <P>I think that you should - maybe after you get started consider taking regular class. There is a great deal of benefit to regular class that can't be acquired in a private lesson. There is a thread in The Studio on just this subject. You might click into that part of the board and scroll down and find it. I will also E-Mail this post to you. Lots of luck!! Basheva<P>

Profile E-mail