public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to handle rude/arrogant/unkind dancers in class?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 pm 

I'm not sure if this is the right area to ask this question, but I thought I might see if anyone else has had to deal with unpleasant class environments with really vicious dancers.

There's one girl in particular who is very catty and often hostile towards me. I don't think it's one of those circumstances where jealousy is involved, but it seems like she singles me out to attack.

I'm not the type to perpetuate a negative situation or instigate fights, but I have almost left class in tears several times because of her. I don't want to go to the teacher, I think that might just make things worse-but I really don't know how to respond to how rude she is.

If anyone has had similar experiences, I'd love to know how you handled the situation. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How to handle rude/arrogant/unkind dancers in class?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm 

Hello, C4dance... It wouldn't be out of place for you to say something to your teacher. I have recently dealt with a similar situation as a teacher, and it was a good thing that two other students came up to me and made me aware of the situation. I handled it in a way that no one was offended and established boundaries for the offender. I know it can be difficult if someone is acting in a very negative way towards you, but just try to focus on your work and don't give this person power by allowing them to upset you. Best of luck to you...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How to handle rude/arrogant/unkind dancers in class?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm 

Thanks Gina, I've been trying to get kind of ignore it and not dwell on her behavior, but I tend to be a very sensitive person. I think if it continues I will go to the teacher, it makes me really anxious which distracts me from concentrating on class. Thank you for the advice!!

Profile E-mail