public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adult Stretch Classes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:51 pm 

I have been asked by several of my ballet mums to incorporate stretch classes into my timetable. I guess as this stage I am investigating on their behalf. Does anyone else out there in cyberland cater for such classes and if so, what type of syllabus do you follow? Does anyone know of any pilates based syllabus that can be used by a qualified ballet teacher? (not sure if a ballet teacher would be needing to update their own skills and become a qualified pilates practitioner? I just want to do it the right way and be able to feel qualified to give to them such a class...(and not feeling guilty about taking their hard earnt money), just a little hesitant because there are no studios where I teach that really even cater for Adult Classes (I do have an Adult Ballet Class which is running smoothly so the stretch class could perhaps run in conjunction). I would love to hear all your thoughts, comments, ideas and suggestions.
Regards, Spangles.xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:46 pm 

Hi Spangles,

I would say go for it. Don't worry about whether other studios cater for this. If there is demand at your studio for this then what is there to lose.

As well as stretching if you wanted to make to make it more dancey you could add some lyrical dance to make it an all round class, a sort of stretch and relax class.

As far as the Pilates is concerned a dance teacher friend of mine has just qualified as a Pilates instructor and it has taken her a long time to complete all the study and exams etc so I would say yes that the qualifications and training are as involved as training to become a dance teacher.

However you must have enough knowledge from your dance background to be able to offer a stretch class anyway.

Good luck.

Profile E-mail