public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New and Original Ballet class music.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:19 pm 

Hi everyone

This is the first time I have posted a message on this wonderful forum. I was doing some research and thought this would be a great place to gauge some thoughts on original ballet class music.

I am a ballet pianist and composer who has already released 3 volumes of original ballet class music a series I have called "Moving with Music". - for piano.

I am in a position to create another CD to add to this collection and I wanted to know if there was anything, besides free class music, that seems to be lacking on the music front?

I would be delighted to hear from any one out there if I should continue writing music for specific ballet exersises of whether there is another genre I should explore. I am also a composer of instrumental ballet music -large scale, and had even contemplated writing a CD of instrumental/orchestral music for the ballet studio. I feel this would be a great way to develop orchestral musicianship for ballet dancers.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Amanda Lee Falkenberg

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Score for a young children's ballet.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 am 

Have you thought about writing a score of music suitable to be used for a ballet for young students to perform? I often feel frustrated when looking for suitable music for my ballet school's annual show. I don't want to use the famous classics as I'd rather leave that up to the professionals. I need tuneful, inspiring music suitable for ballet students aged from 5 years to adult - beginners to advanced level. It wouldn't necessarily need to have a story attached - just some intersting themes that would inspire me to create my own ballet story or similar. I am looking for ballets of about 1 hour duration and it needs to be made up of lots of short sections of various lengths - from about 3 minutes long to about 6 minutes long or so.

One other thing - There does seem to be a shortage of good music suitable for the very youngest ballet students (I take them from age 5). I always seem to need endless amounts of music suitable for skipping, trotting and galoping etc. Tunes that the little ones will relate to is always a bonus!