public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd July 2006: Silesian Dance Theatre
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:17 am 

Deja vu

Fragments of a review of "Metathesis (Chemical Reaction)" by Silesian Dance Theare, choreographer Jacek Lumiński

In particular, two of the dancers perfectly matched the struggle with the raw material: Sylwia Hefczyńska and Korina Kordova delighted us with the gentleness and softness of the movement, with perfectly finished sequences; they were the counterpoint to the ascetic interior. (…) The title "Metathesis" is taken from the chemistry field as well as from linguistics and applies to interpersonal relationships, general cosmic exchange: being together, rejection, domination, break up and being entangled in another relationship – these stories surface from the dancers’ movement. We are only one of the elements which is ruled by the laws of nature, and take part in chemical reactions. (…) “Chemical Reaction” is more a form of choreographer’s game with the animated matter, more an etude than a sophisticated, multi-leveled performance.

Audience opinions

I am surprised that there weren’t any constructions on the stage which are usually used by Silesian Dance Theater. And although the meaning of the lamps going up and down wasn’t comprehensible to me, I consider the whole as a great visual performance. Keep it up…
Kasia, Katowice

A ‘well cut’ performance. The music, the movement, the organization of space… All together it clicked. And Korina Cordova as usual was really great… I can only congratulate the team.”
Mateusz, Gliwice

Profile E-mail