|28th June, 2005: Co. De Danca De Almada/7dance Co./Joe Alter
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Stuart Sweeney [ Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:39 pm ]|
|Post subject:||28th June, 2005: Co. De Danca De Almada/7dance Co./Joe Alter|
Companhia De Danca De Almada
"O DESEJO VESTE UM CORPO"
7dance Company (USA)
films and presentations
"Praeludium and Allegro",
"5 Short Dances"
In addition, the Art Managers' Seminar and Workshop kicks off today. Click here for more details
|Author:||Stuart Sweeney [ Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:53 am ]|
Festival Diary, Day 2 - Blake Beckham (dancer with Joe Alter Dance Group)
The performance venue was an old power plant, that still operates,
and serves the city of Bytom. The site has a lovely kind of decay -
with its old clocktower, worn shingles, antique hardhats and bookcases.
Our dressing room had old, weathered technical drawings pinned to the
walls. The room in which we danced was vast and mysterious. The
enormity of Grand Central Station in New York. The simple beauty of surfaces: concrete, wood, steel, pipes. Pigeons lived in the roof. The hum of machines swept around, sound becoming everywhere and nowhere.
I had a wonderful time performing. The audience was seated right up to the edge of our dance floor. I prefer this intimacy. I like to look into
peoples' eyes when I dance. I saw so many beautiful eyes and faces.
|Author:||Bytom Festival [ Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:26 am ]|
One-minute interview with: Wojciech Blecharz, musician and composer cooperating with Jacek Łumiński on creating his performances."
1. Dancing – what for? Because it is a form of transfer, a way of communication. I like dance when it is less conventional than this question.
2. My first step in dancing? Every Sunday, while watching “The wishes concert” on TV, I used to dance on a sofa in our living room holding a jumping-rope instead of a microphone.
3. My master... “Master” means for me somebody with whom I have direct contact and I think I haven’t found such person yet. But I can point out many ideals, for example the composing technique of Lutosławski or the phenomenon of traditional music.
4. My inspirations... I prefer it when are multi-disciplinary
5. While working I hate... being disturbed.
6. My body... I keep working on it.
7. If there was no dance... life would be more boring.
8. Although I shouldn’t... I try not to do things which I should be ashamed of afterwards.
9. For me Bytom is... year after year it is more pretty.
10. In the future... I want to be famous, handsome and rich
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group