public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salsa Online!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 6:50 pm 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen - you TOO can learn salsa from your very own home! (Provided you have a good connection to the great river of information - La Net.) Anyway, Marlon wants to teach the world to dance salsa, and you can take his free online lessons at: <A HREF="http://www.frompittsburghlive.com/salsa/default.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.frompittsburghlive.com/salsa/default.asp</A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Salsa Online!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 10:23 pm 

I can't believe no one wants to learn salsa from home! You don't even have to go to the video store! <P>He's got some tango stuff here too, if that's more your thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 9:03 pm 

I'll learn it when I have time...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 10:12 pm 

Ha! We might as well tie a knot in this thread and move on my friend!<P>In the meantime - boogie on - that's what I'm going to do...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 10:22 pm 

Priscilla, well, I prefer salsa on my corn chips, not in my feet and hips.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 3:31 am 

A couple of times over 36 hours I've tried unsuccessfully to access the Salsa site, Priscilla. Shame, I was looking forward to a bit of Latin locomotion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 12:04 pm 

Well that's weak. I did check the link out again before posting it. Glad at least SOMEONE wanted to give it a try. Sorry!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 9:27 pm 

If it makes you feel any better, Priscilla, salsa sizzles in Chicago, according to this interview with salsa instructor Miguel Mendez:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Latino.com: So how popular is salsa in Chicago? <P>Mendez: It’s going through the roof. It’s unbelievable. Everybody wants to learn how to dance salsa. It’s the biggest thing there is in the world right now in terms of dance. I literally mean that in a global scale — in Korea, Japan, the U.K. and other parts of Europe. Everywhere. Salsa is beautiful. It’s sexy. It looks good. People enjoy doing it. It helps you stay physically fit. It’s got a lot of health benefits as well. <P>In Chicago, you’ll find New York-style salsa and L.A.-style salsa. You have the L.A. salseros that come here and say, ‘Wow, they dance like us.’ You have the New York salseros who come and say the same thing. It’s just whether you dance on the first beat of the music of the second beat — the clave. I think the difference between the two is that in New York, you have what makes for more rhythmic dancing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B><A HREF="http://www.latinolink.com/article.php3/000823salsa?Page=1" TARGET=_blank>More</A></B>

Profile E-mail