public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Riverdance on Broadway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:32 am 

A review by Clive Barnes:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>MARRIOTT OF DANCE</B><P>CLIVE BARNES, NY Post<P>THERE'S something Irish about everyone, and that something is admirably catered to by "Riverdance on Broadway," the spectacular dance show now entering its second year in Broadway's largest theater, the Gershwin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.nypost.com/03292001/entertainment/27668.htm" TARGET=_blank><B>More</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Riverdance on Broadway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:50 am 

I'm deathly excited...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>BRAVO Schedules Special Encore Presentation of Viewer Fave 'RIVERDANCE: LIVE IN NEW YORK'</B><P>Back by Popular Demand - RIVERDANCE: LIVE IN NEW YORK Returns to Bravo Friday, March 30 at 10:00PM/ET, 7:00PM/PT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010328/2515.html" TARGET=_blank><B>More</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 7:18 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>'Riverdance' Tapped Out; Irish Revue Exits Bway's Gershwin<P>By Robert Simonson, Playbill On-Line on Yahoo! News<P>Riverdance-on Broadway, the international Irish-flavored dance phenomenon which laid claim to Broadway's Gershwin Theatre back in March 2000, will end its long and oft-extended run on Aug. 26. It will have played 13 previews and 605 regular performances. The Broadway company will not tour, though some cast members will go into the other two current Riverdance touring troupes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/playbill/20010824/en/_riverdance_tapped_out_irish_revue_exits_bway_s_gershwin_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:59 pm 

Hi!<BR>I just got back from the last Riverdance on Braodway show and it was wonderful! Bill Whelan was present, and made a brief speech before the show. The actual show was highly charged, and sprinkled with varioius last-show hijinks. It appeared that all of the understudies were on stage at one point or another, and many of the numbers went on extra long as the dancers just kept on dancing. I was lucky to get a 2nd row seat, dead center, and had a wonderful time. My only regret was that Pat Roddy, due to his wedding, was unable to complete the Broadway run. Conor Hayes is a fine dancer, but I think Pat was a better partner for Eileen.<BR>Kate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:01 pm 
Does this mean its going into 2002?