public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I missed this Butoh program - anyone catch it?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:29 pm 

I had to dig too far back to try to locate a thread in here on Butoh, so I thought I'd just start a new one. I'm fresh off a holiday and into a weekend, so I just dare y'all to argue...<P>Anyway - my sister sent me an email the other day to inform me of a Butoh program that was <B>on right that minute</B> at her place in NYC. First I looked up what she was talking about from thirteen.org and found the name of the show, then went to my local pbs station's site to discover they aren't running this particular series. That or I just couldn't find it. Oh well. <P>But I did get to see it's website, and it looks kinda cool.<P><A HREF="http://www.pbs.org/wnet/egg/214/motion/index.html" TARGET=_blank>The Body In Motion</A><P>I might add that this EGG series looks pretty cool and I was kind of surprised not to find any links to it from Criticaldance yet, so point me in the right direction if I missed something, eh? Otherwise just enjoy...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I missed this Butoh program - anyone catch it?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:45 pm 

Well, there was a split in consensus as to where to put Butoh -- Other or Modern. So, we have threads in both. Image<P><BR>Here are some of them:<P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum5/HTML/000433.html target=_blank><B>Butoh - 3 Ring Circus</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum6/HTML/000042.html target=_blank><B>Butoh</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum6/HTML/000096.html target=_blank><B>Sixth Annual SF Butoh Festival</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum6/HTML/000169.html target=_blank><B>Butoh - Japanese Modern Dance </B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum6/HTML/000304.html target=_blank><B>San Francisco Butoh Festival</B></a><P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum13/HTML/000107.html target=_blank><B>Butoh dance from Tokyo under the big top in SF, USA</B></a><P><BR>And then there was this funky one:<P><a href=../../../ubb/Forum11/HTML/000483.html target=_blank><B>Businessman Takes Up Butoh in Middle Age</B></a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I missed this Butoh program - anyone catch it?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 6:05 pm 

Well I did remember seeing some Butoh in here somewhere, so I picked here. Anyhoo - it turns out this EGG program IS running here in Anchorage. From 4-4:30am on Saturdays, which tells you how late <B>I</B> was up last night. So I DID get to see the Butoh section. It was short but nice. <P>It would be pretty wild to engage in the practice of Butoh with one's parent - like Kazuo Ohno and his son, ####. I find that a fascinating facet of their performances and would like to learn more about that relationship. Maybe other related people who perform together too...

Profile E-mail