public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legally Blond: The Musical
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:37 pm 

Apparently this is doing out of town try outs or something. Be very frightened.

From the SF Chronicle.

Quote:
A smarter shade of blond
Laura Bell Bundy a no-brainer as Elle Woods in 'Legally Blonde,' opening in San Francisco
Jessica Werner Zack, Special to The Chronicle

If Laura Bell Bundy was looking for a sign that her star is officially on the rise, she couldn't have asked for more literal proof than what she got last month when she first caught sight of her own image towering over Times Square in a huge billboard plugging April's Broadway opening of "Legally Blonde: The Musical." The 25-year-old actress and singer, who has performed on New York stages since the age of 9, stars as the pink-clad heroine Elle Woods in the musical adaptation of the popular 2001 film and Amanda Brown novel. The show opens today at San Francisco's Golden Gate Theatre with previews for its pre-Broadway run.

more...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:41 am 

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/3619 ... 21a7_b.jpg

i first became aware of this musical when i was in Times Square, at first I thought it was a ridiculous thing to base a musical on, but once i thought about it i decided that, if done well, it could be rather good. Bring on the UK tour! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm 

Here's a review from the SF Chronicle.

Quote:
Not only can Elle get into Harvard, turns out she can sing and dance too
Robert Hurwitt, Chronicle Theater Critic

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Can a dedicatedly superficial Malibu sorority queen become a rising star of Harvard Law School? Anyone who's seen the popular movie "Legally Blonde," starring Reese Witherspoon, knows the answer. Now "Legally Blonde: The Musical," which opened Tuesday at the Golden Gate Theatre, poses a parallel question. Can another Hollywood hit find success as a Broadway musical?

Probably, though it could improve its chances before its Broadway previews begin April 29.

more...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:54 pm 

Another review this from the SF Weekly.

Quote:
Pink Power
This musical stage adaptation of the movie, like, totally rocks
By Chloe Veltman
Published: February 14, 2007

Pink isn't a color one readily associates with the Tenderloin — unless, that is, you count the occasional sight of exposed buttocks and the insides of peoples' eyelids. But the sidewalk at Taylor and Sixth was temporarily transformed into a feeding ground for flamingos a few days ago as ladies (and even a few gentlemen) in fuchsia sweaters and cotton candy kitten heels clicked and clacked their way into the Golden Gate Theatre for the opening-night performance of Legally Blonde: The Musical.

more...

I've been thinking about this as a concept for a musical and it really does lend itself to the genre. The movie and the character were so over-the-top that a musical done well (as it seems this has been) could be a big hit.

Profile E-mail