public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dans/ce Kapital
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:01 am 

Andrea Rowe - Ottawa Citizen, 07/26/01:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Dance festival features varied styles</B><P>Like many dance presenters, Saveeta Sharma got into the business because she felt sorry for the artists around her. "I noticed that they all seemed to be working and creating on a constant basis," she says, "but when I asked them where they were performing, they'd mention a bar or an outdoor festival, or nowhere at all. Most of them simply didn't have the resources to present their own work." <P>This weekend, Sharma's company Upasana (the spirit of dance) will produce the second annual three-day dance festival she calls Dans/ce Kapital. Three artists or groups of artists present their work each evening in the Arts Court Theatre and all of them live or have lived at one time in Ottawa. "More and more of my own friends were leaving to go to other cities to perform and I realized there was a need to have something in Ottawa for the artists here," she said.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><B>more...</B><BR>

Profile E-mail