public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pilobolus, other venues, other audiences, other income o
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 12:46 pm 

Image <BR> -sorry Maggie, couldn't resist adding this image at the top! Image ~Grace<P>While visiting the Pilobolus Dance Theater site, <A HREF="http://www.pilobolus.com/p1.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pilobolus.com/p1.htm</A> I came across Pilobolus Creative Services. <P>This is where Pilobolus offers their creative services for corporations, tv, film, opera, and other companies. Some of these include Mobil, Toyota, Bloomingdales, live events for IBM, Dupont, Merck and others.<P>This seems somewhat on the lines of retail dance, a cousin perhaps. <P>It seems to me a marvelous venue/income opportunity for like-minded individuals and companies to pursue. What think, all? Bella Luna, I know you're out there! Don't lurk!<P><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited July 06, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pilobolus, other venues, other audiences, other income o
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 4:21 pm 

If anyone needs to catch up on the new genre, "Retail Dance," that Maggie mentions, go to:<P> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000062.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000062.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 5:52 pm 

Image <BR>great to discover that link, maggie: thank you! Image<P>if you go to the "Pilobolus TOO" page at their site, you can get into Sean Kernan's photographic portfolio of the company (an interesting presentation technique, btw: the screen expands to show ONLY the photos - no toolbars...which is excellent for displaying photos- so you have nothing to click on, other than the image itself, which then takes you to the next image. there are only about 5 images altogether.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 6:07 pm 

Bella Luna is alive and well, having leapt gleefully (and under Mag pressure) into the net. <P>------------------<BR>RBQ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 6:10 pm 

Grace, that first image is stunning! I'm inspired. Pilobolus has always presented intriguing visual images in their arrangements of bodies in movement. I have never seen a performance of theirs, or Momix that didn't leave me fascinated and wanting more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:37 pm 

Welcome, Rebekah/Bella Luna, I'm glad you posted, even if it was under coercion... (Well done, Maggie) Image<P>I've seen Pilobulus a few times and each time I've just marvelled at how they project the Body Beautiful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 11:52 am 

Rebekah, I'm so glad you jumped in. I think your input here will be interesting and enjoyable based on your experience running a dance umbrella/facility organization, your own dancing/choreographing/teaching, not to mention costume design. Did I leave anything out? Check out the flamenco threads, look under issues at retail dance, oh, just look everywhere.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2000 11:53 am 

Rebekah, I'm so glad you jumped in. I think your input here will be interesting and enjoyable based on your experience running a dance umbrella/facility organization, your own dancing/choreographing/teaching, not to mention costume design. Did I leave anything out? Check out the flamenco threads, look under issues at retail dance, oh, just look everywhere.

Profile E-mail