public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So you think you can dance?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:48 pm 

I may be out of touch, as I'm UK based, and saw it on the cable channel Trouble tonight, but despite the drawn out american tvness of it, the dancing on this show is pretty special. Formatted like "Strictly Come Dancing" meets "Pop Idol" but involving young american dancers, professionally trained and streetstyle, it randomly matches partners and styles to perform before a live studio audience. The judges then rate the least best performers, who dance solo, freestyle for the public vote.

What's great about it is seeing dancers trained in one style conquer another. For example, one breakdancer who's never done any other dance training before, pulled off an amazingly sexy and professional mambo with a trained jazz dancer - truly sensational.

All the dancers are obscenly talented in their own style and completely committed. There will be many, many tears along the road. Trouble, Sunday at 6pm, repeated Fridays around 8.30.

Anyone else been watching? or anyone in the states already seen it? (Apologies if I've missed a thread on this already, I couldn't find one)

(and it is a Nigel Lythgoe/Simon Fuller creation........ sorry)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:51 pm 

Quote:
Shane and Nerida dust off dancing shoes for show finale
in the NZ Herald

Shane Cortese and partner Nerida Lister are dusting off their dancing shoes to perform in the final of So You Think You Can Dance, which will be aired on Sunday.

Cortese, who has hosted the entertainment series, is excited about returning to the dance-floor alongside Lister after being finalists on the hit series Dancing With the Stars that aired last year.

The pair finished second behind former All Black Norm Hewitt and Carol-Anne Hickmore.

Professional dancer Lister has carefully choreographed a routine that combines elements of the Paso Doble and Tango. The two will perform the dance to a piece of music by Brian Setzer.

published: April 21, 2006
more...

Profile E-mail