public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Line Dancing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:03 pm 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Julie E. Washington, Cleveland Plain Dealer<P>Everyone came prepared to dance and sweat. Pitchers of ice water were lined up on the bar, ready for thirsty urban line dancers. The air conditioning at A Touch of Elegance party center in Cleveland Heights could scarcely cope with the heavy, humid air, so it was easy to imagine what it would feel like after a little exertion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://www.cleveland.com/artsandevents/plaindealer/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/entertainment/9981270333262583.xml target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Line Dancing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 9:07 am 

<B>Class Keeps Dancers In Step</B><BR>MEGAN HUSSEY Tampa Tribune Correspondent <P><BR>LAND O' LAKES - ``What's My Line???'' is the question on the lips of many ``Lakers,'' as this popular line dancing class marks its seventh year at the Land O` Lakes Community Center. <BR>``Whenever I write the name of my class, I put no less than three question marks behind it,'' said instructor Louise Webber, chuckling. <P>This reflects the fun spirit of What's My Line???, where participants enjoy traditional and country line dancing. <P>``We dance to traditional music from the 1940s and '50s, and popular country music,'' said Webber, who teaches similar classes in Zephyrhills, New Port Richey, and surrounding communities. ``For each of these songs, you always can find a dance.'' <P><A HREF="http://tampatrib.com/Pasco/MGAKYU8PIVC.html" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 4:49 am 

<B>Saginaw line dance class helps seniors stay active</B><BR>Local rec center teaches steps, technique needed to put best foot forward.<BR>By Denise Ford-Mitchell / Saginaw News<P><BR>SAGINAW TOWNSHIP -- Laughter fills the room as all eyes are fixed on Ralph Buggia's feet. <BR>Looking anywhere else -- even for a moment -- could prove disastrous for the converts learning the basic footwork used in country line dancing. <BR>Unfortunately, watching is much easier than following Buggia's lead, the dance hopefuls admit. <BR>"The first part was pretty easy," Babe J. Metevia, 70, said. "But it got more challenging when we got to the turns and shuffles." <BR>Buggia spends an hour each Monday teaching the latest steps to retirees and their spouses at Saginaw's West Side Senior Center. The dance class is one of several recreational activities offered at the center to enrich the lives of senior citizens. <P><A HREF="http://detnews.com/2002/metro/0205/17/d10d-492002.htm" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:11 am 

RYAN PROUD HE'S KING OF DANCE...
BY KATHARINE BARNEY for This is Nottingham

People used to stare at Ryan King because of the way he looked.

Now they can't take their eyes off him for a different reason.

The Notts teenager suffered from stiff legs as a child, as well as being born with a cleft palate and double cleft nose.

When he was younger he felt self-conscious, as people used to stare at his face.

Now Ryan, 19, who is 6ft 6in and takes size 13 shoes, has won a Scottish line dancing national championship and come fifth in the world championships in Tennessee.

Ryan, of Church Lane, Brinsley, said: "When I'm dancing it's like nothing else matters. At first I thought people were staring at my nose, but they were just watching my dancing. It gives me some kind of release and I forget everything."

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:11 am 

It's a giant leap for line dancing, diamanté, and all things yee-hah
says BETH PEARSON in The Herald (Glasgow), as a Scots gal steals world-title glory in Nashville, Tennessee.

Sharon McDiarmid can't really remember the moment that she became a United Country and Western Dance world champion, even though it was just a matter of weeks ago. Back at work at a support centre for single parents in Maryhill, Glasgow, she has shed her diamanté and yoke. A swift inspection of her office turns up no stetsons (only the men wear them, she says). Her hair is scraped into ponytail and she's wearing an oversize, green, chunky-knit jumper. "It's like a big dream," says the 25-year-old, who has been line dancing for five years.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:56 am 

From NW Alabama's TimesDaily:

Line dancers zig, zag for good times, exercise

By CASANDRA ANDREWS

There's something about hearing country singer-songwriter Willie Nelson croon about the wonders of the open road that makes Ruth Eddins want to dance. Back when she was camping on a regular basis with other RV-enthusiasts, she'd always play the song "On the Road Again" as she broke camp and headed for home. These days, she cranks up the 1980 crossover hit as she leads a group of more than a dozen friends and neighbors in synchronized dance steps.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:55 am 

The line dancer
Nothing matters more to Pauline than linking arms and wearing a stetson, learns Tom Cox for The Observer. Except the man with the beard and fake rifle

There comes a time when every woman must face the fact that she is too old for the world of conventional nightclubbing, and for Pauline that time came three years ago. She'll always remember the date when she started to indulge in what remains, after bingo, the UK's second most popular recreational activity - 19 May 2002 - because it was exactly 10 years, to the day, after the original release of Billy Ray Cyrus' 'Achy Breaky Heart'.

click for more

Profile E-mail