public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mark Morris: Fall/Winter 2000
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 10:59 am 

Medrek has problems with Morris' program in Boston:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B><A HREF="http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/arts_culture/morr10282000.htm" TARGET=_blank>Off the Mark: Dance's bad boy has taken a turn for the bland</A></B><BR>Dance Review/by T.J. Medrek, Boston Herald<P><I>Mark Morris Dance Group at the Shubert Theatre, Boston, Thursday; repeats through tomorrow.</I><P>Once upon a time you could count on a performance by Mark Morris Dance Group to be the event of any dance season. That's why the company's Thursday return to the Shubert Theatre was so disheartening. In a bland program of Morris' choreography that included two revivals and three Boston premieres, the former self-styled ``bad boy'' of dance seemed to have become its Mr. Feelgood.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mark Morris: Fall/Winter 2000
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 10:37 am 

Wow--I'm stunned --a not great review of Mark Morris--the darling of the press!!! What can this mean---maybe they were just having an "off night"--also the programming seemed a bit lackluster...did anyone out there see this show--or maybe this program at another venue??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:17 am 

I think I may have seen the same program a couple of months earlier in Houston, and if it was the same, I'd have to agree.<P>I didn't walk out of the theatre with the feeling that I had just seen an incredible show..... something I expected to feel after a Mark Morris production.<P>-Marc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 4:41 pm 

Here is a review from the Los Angeles Times on a performance on Friday, November 10, 2000:<P><A HREF="http://www.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-Search-X!ArticleDetail-10416,00.html?search_area=Articles&channel=Search" TARGET=_blank>Mark Morris Review</A><P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited November 13, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 4:52 pm 

I am sooooooooo proud of myself - that I was able to do the technical thingy in the above post!!! an entrechat dix for me!! wow - I deserve a big piece of virtual chocolate cake. <P>Stuart adds: That is so cool! Entrechat vingt at least.<p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited November 14, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 10:34 am 

Marc-why do you think you felt that way after the Mark MOrris show?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:37 pm 

I basically agree with the Marcia siegel review....was amused to see that she wrote that he's "settling into institutional maturity"...he's gone from "bad boy of modern dance" to "institutional maturity"...hmmmm!

Profile E-mail