public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rhythms of Hope Dance Company
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:21 pm 

<B>Troupe Creates Moving Experience</B><BR>Rhythms of Hope Dance Company Helps Disabled Heal, Express Artistic Talents <BR>By Lavinia Rachal in The Washington Post<P><BR>Dancer Radhika Rishi thought that her dancing days had ended after a five-car pileup last year left her legally blind with permanent spine damage and severe knee injuries. So only the persistent nagging of her friends led her to try again by joining the Rhythms of Hope Dance Company, a troupe of performers with neurological disabilities and brain and other injuries.<P>"I told them, 'If you leave me alone, I'll go,' " said Rishi, 39. Much to her surprise, she regained muscle strength and walking abilities that she thought would never return. Such is the case with many of the company's performers.<P>The Arlington-based troupe was founded in 1997 as part of the National Rehabilitation and Rediscovery Foundation (NRRF).<P><A HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31983-2001Dec12.html" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A>

Profile E-mail