public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Modern Dance Videos - see them here
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 2:28 pm 

If you go to this link in the New York Times - scroll down to almost the bottom of the page - now go to the right hand side and you will see a menu of companies - which you can see on video - on site......<P>The companies are:<P>Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance co.<BR>Pilobulus <BR>Philadanco<BR>David Parsons Dance Co.<P><BR><a href="http://www.nytoday.com/scripts/staticpage.dll?only=y&spage=AE/genListing/genListing.htm&categoryid=37&glwhen=%2B7&ck=&mwhere=Manhattan&rwhere=Manhattan&rwhat=233&ck=&userid=2 9 4094059&userpw=.&uh=294094059,0,&mwhere=Manhattan&rwhere=Manhattan&rwhat=233&ver=2.11" target="blank">View the Companies Listed</a><P><BR>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited December 29, 2000).]<P><p>[This message has been edited by Marie (edited December 29, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Modern Dance Videos - see them here
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 4:45 pm 

Basheva, these are great video clips! It's almost like going on vacation. Ok, not really but I can dream, can't I? Finally a section of the NY Times that doesn't require a password...<P>(I fixed your link to point it to the right page, it was going to straight to Philadanco--only took me 2 tries, crikey!)<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:52 pm 

good tries, basheva and marie - this sounds most interesting BUT this is what i got:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The following error was encountered: <P> Invalid URL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 9:18 pm 

I'd like to know which browser you're using Grace, and are you on a Mac or PC? Comptability schmatability...bleah! Image<P>You can use this direct link to <A HREF="http://www.newyorktoday.com/" TARGET=_blank>NY Today</A>, just click on "Dance" on the navigation at the top of the page under A&E.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2000 9:27 pm 

The link worked for me but it took me to the Dance page. I found an even better one that takes you directly to the dance videos:<P><A HREF="http://www.nytoday.com/scripts/editorial.dll?fromspage=AE/genListing/genListing.htm&categoryid=37&only=y&bfromind=972&eeid=2789511&eetype=article&render=y&ck=" TARGET=_blank>The NY Times Dance Video Archives</A><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited December 29, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2000 10:27 am 

Thanks to all of you!! It took me over 8 tries to even get the one I got - I kept getting HUGE url's - until I finally got one I could use. <P>Thank you, thank you, thank you, one and all!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 9:09 am 

thanks basheva for informing us; I really appreciate it!! I don't get to see too many dance performances (or at least not from overseas as no-one bothers to come down here)so this is a good opp. to have a glance at dance away from home!<BR>Do these videos change often????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 1:26 pm 

Well, the final URL worked and I downloaded the files (I've already got Quicktime), but the b****rs wouldn't display for me in N.Nav.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 1:57 pm 

Technology, ya gotta love it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:49 pm 

I have never seen this particular thing on the New York Times site before - and I haven't seen it again - but I will keep a look out for it.

Profile E-mail