public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slanjayvah Danza - Jenni Wren
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am 

Yorkshire Dance Company Selected For Two Critically Acclaimed National Dance Platforms

JENNI Wren’s Slanjayvah Danza will perform at both the Cloud Dance Festival and Resolution 2010 in London next year.

Selected on the quality of work, Cloud Dance Festival is a Contemporary Dance Platform providing an invaluable opportunity for Jenni to present her work to a wider audience. Further, as a returning company having shown a clear progression from previous work, Slanjayvah Danza will participate in the coveted ‘Evolution’ strand of Resolution 2010, held at The Place, London in February 2010.

Artistic director and choreographer Jenni Wren formed Slanjayvah Danza in 2004. The name (pronounced Slan-jay-vah) derives from Scottish and Spanish influences and pronunciation causes some giggly tongue twisting disasters!

In residence and working in partnership with Seven Artspace, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, the company has defined its image with new works integrating choreography and digital media for both film and live stage productions. To date the company has secured a number of successful funding bids from Arts Council England and The National Lottery.

Talking about her plans for 2010 Wren said, “My passionate nature constantly urges me to build on my artistry and the time has come to take the next step - to present a triple bill next summer.” Expanding on her new work, Wren explained, “‘Mode; Sensation/Thought’ is the most comprehensible, hard hitting dance programme that takes its audience on a unique journey to witness passion at its best, worst and most demanding.”

Extracts from the new triple bill will be performed at the Cloud Dance Festival and Resolution 2010, a great achievement for the ‘small but relevant’ Yorkshire dance company.

Post subject: Cloud Dance Fesitval 5 -6 December 2009
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:49 am 

Slanjayvah appearing in Cloud Dance's 'Parade' to be held on 5 & 6 December at People Show Studios in Bethnal Green, and tickets from their website http://www.cloud-dance-festival.org.uk

Post subject: Blind Passion
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 am 

I saw a performance a few months ago of Blind Passion at Yorkshire Dance Centre. It was amazing and the best thing I have seen for a while. :)

Profile E-mail