home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 RDB Dancers on Tour - Malta
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:17 pm 

From the Malta Independent"

Quote:
Danish Royal Ballet at the Manoel Theatre
On Easter Sunday 8 April, the Manoel Theatre will be hosting one of its artistic highlights for this season, when the Royal Danish Ballet, the resident corps de ballet of the Royal Danish Theatre, will be giving a unique performance which will include highlights from classical and contemporary ballet.

The Danish Royal Ballet is one of Europe’s best ballet companies and this performance will indeed be an opportunity not to be missed.

More [url=http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=47405]here[/here]

A bit curious since the whole Royal Theatre basically shuts down for the long Easter weekend, so I'm surprised that it was feasible in terms of holiday pay to tour the company on the holiday [Note - it appears that this was not the full company, but one of the smaller touring groups put together by the dancers]

Last edited by ksneds on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm 

A Maltese critic comes to Copenhagen to preview the company's appearance3 in Malta:

Quote:
ROYAL FLASH

On the eve of the Royal Danish Ballet performance at the Manoel Theatre, Emma Mattei goes behind the doors of one of the world's most acclaimed ballet schools.

by Emma Mattei

I'm running late and I'm lost, Peter Bo Bendixen, artistic director of soloists and principals at the Royal Danish Ballet, is a busy man and I am keeping him waiting. I had requested to go behind the scenes, to see the dancers in the studio, with sweat on their brow, to stand in the secret world of dance and listen to the sound of feet shuffling and notes tinkling, in the hope of gaining some insight into the lives of professional ballet dancers.

I arrive at the stage entrance to the Royal Theatre on Tordenskjoldsgade and Mr Bendixen guides me swiftly backstage through corridors and up stairways into a light-filled foyer outside an enormous studio where the morning dance session is underway. Various languages fill the air, Danish, of course, English, French and perhaps a melody of Polish. I had entered a special world, where from morning to night, men and women are consumed with dedication and hard work, striving for perfection.

http://lifestyle.timesofmalta.com/article.php?id=6170

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:20 pm 

A review of the group of dancers who performed from a slightly un-ballet-savvy critic (referring to Mads Blangstrup as one of the Sylphs in 'La Sylphide' is a pretty big glitch, not to mention the smorgasbord of mis-spelled names including the mysterious Bouronville!)

Quote:
Shining brightly

Dance: Royal Danish Ballet, Manoel Theatre

by Jo Ann Vassallo

Balanchine's Apollo was the opening ballet piece performed at the Manoel Theatre on the night of Easter Sunday. When I saw Nikolai Hubbe wearing his white outfit and holding a mandolin gracefully close to his sculpted body little did I know that he was to be the best male dancer I was going to see that night. Mind you, they were all good. Mr Hubbe's technique, however, was definitely tops. Were it not for the beads of sweat shining against the theatre's dim light and running down his bare torso I would have surely thought that he was making no effort performing with such strength.

http://lifestyle.timesofmalta.com/article.php?id=6193