|Frank Andersen stepping down in 2008
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ksneds [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:33 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Frank Andersen stepping down in 2008|
According to the following press release, Frank Andersen will be stepping down as the director of the Royal Danish Ballet at the end of his current contract in 2008.
This would appear to be a surprise, and I wish the company the best in finding a new leader and having a smooth transition.
Beslutninger fra Det Kongelige Teaters bestyrelse
Det Kongelige Teaters bestyrelse har på sit seneste bestyrelsesmøde besluttet:
- At forlænge operachef Kasper Bech Holtens og Michael Schønwandts kontrakter i 3 år, således at de vil udløbe ved udgangen af juni 2011.
Michael Schønwandt s stilling og titel ændres fra 1. november 2006 fra musikchef til chefdirigent. Baggrunden herfor er samlingen af en række administrative opgaver i en nyoprettet stilling som administrationschef i operaen. Michael Schønwandts kunstneriske opgaver for operaen vil være uændrede.
- At tilbyde balletmester Frank Andersen en tilsvarende forlængelse af hans kontrakt.
Frank Andersen har imidlertid meddelt, at han ikke ønsker at fortsætte som balletmester efter udløbet af hans nuværende kontrakt, d.v.s. udgangen af juni 2008. Bestyrelsen har med beklagelse modtaget Frank Andersens beslutning og agter at opslå stillingen som balletmester allerede i indeværende sæson til besættelse sommeren 2008.
- At opslå stillingen som skuespilchef som ledig ved udgangen af juni 2008 i overensstemmelse med den beslutning, som bestyrelsen tog for 4 år siden ved ansættelse af den nuværende skuespilchef Mikkel Harder Munck-Hansen. Stillingen som skuespilchef vil blive opslået snarest.
For yderligere kommentarer: Bestyrelsesformand Mads Øvlisen,
|Author:||ksneds [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:13 pm ]|
Decisions from the Royal Theatre Management
The Royal Theatre's managers have at their latest manager's meeting determined the following:
* To extend Opera Chief Kasper Bech Holten's and [music chief] Michael Schønwandts contracts for three years, so that they will expire at the end of June 2011
Michael Schønwandt's position and title changes on the 1st of November 2006 from music chief to chief conductor. [Trouble translating, but I think this refers to the change being about some of the administrative tasks being taken on by someone in a new position] Michael Schønwandts artistic position at the opera will be unchanged.
* To offer Ballet Master Frank Andersen an equivalent extension of his contract
Frank Andersen has however informed that he does not wish to continue as ballet master after the expiration of his current contract, ending in June 2008. The management has with regret accepted Frank Andersen's decision and intends to advertise for the position of ballet master as early as this season for starting in the summer of 2008.
* To advertise the position of Drama Chief as free as of June 2008 in agreement with the decision which the management took four years ago with hiring of current Theatre Chief Mikkel Harder Munck-Hansen. THe position of Drama Chief will be adverised shortly.
|Author:||Cassandra [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:30 am ]|
Any hot tips as to who may be replacing Mr Andersen, Kate?
|Author:||ksneds [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:07 am ]|
At this point, the search has yet to begin and it would not be appropriate to release any information until it is made public by the company.
With two years to go, it's likely to be a long while until a new director is announced. And I think this is a blessing for the company, because it will provide time for a careful and meaningful transition that respects the dancers, the staff, the theatre and the traditions surrounding the company.
However, like anyone else I can look at the Danish dance diaspora and throw out some names of past & present dancers who may or may not be possibilities: Peter Bo Bendixen, Ib Andersen, Nikolaj Hubbe, Alexander Kolpin, Kenneth Greve, Christina Olssen, Lloyd Riggins, Nilas Martins.
In any case, I wish the company and theatre the best of luck and dancing in this season, and for the upcoming search for a new leader. I have great respect and admiration for the dancers & staff, and for the sake of all involved hope that they will find someone with the dreams, aspirations, talent and vision to keep the company moving in the right direction.
|Author:||KANTER [ Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:14 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Hans Brenaa|
Hans Brenaa (1910-1988) had one or two things to say that are, to put it mildly, pertinent to any discussion about a new ballet master for the Royal Theatre.
Let us look before we leap.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group