One hundred year of the split kingdoms
Danish - Norweigan Festival
Monday - 7 November, 2005 - 19:00 - 22:30
The Royal Theatre, Old Stage
Be there when the Old Stage becomes a cultured setting for a large scale party celebrating 100 years of Norweigan indepdence. To be there in addition to the exclusive guest list, which among others includes the Norweigan Royal couple, the Danish ruling couple and the rest of the Danish royal family, be sure to buy tickets on Thursday, October 13.
(Tickets go onsale at noon at the box office)
The evening's entertaining and varied program with Danish and Norweigan artists includes a seated (ticketed?) reception before the program and a delicious buffet in the intermission, courtesy of the Norweigan Gastronomical Institute and prepared in the theatre's talented cooks. Moreover, all guests will receive a new book with contributions from the best Noweigan and Danish writers.
Dress: Black Tie /Long Dresses
Sponsored by the Royal Norweigan Embassy and the Fund for Danish-Norweigan Collaboration.
* New music by Palle Mikkelborg and Terje Rypdal, presented by DRs Radio Girls Choir, Palle Mikkelborg, Terje Rypdal and Helen Davies.
* Older works interpreted by the string quartet 'Cikada', who perform together with the mezzo-sopranen Randi Stene and trumpeter Nils Petter Molvær.
* Marilyn Mazurs Percussion Paradise and The Brazz Brothers, presenting works in collaboration with Povl Dissing and Benny Andersen.
* Two of the Royal Theatre's new autumn ballets: Jo Strømgrens Luft and Louise Midjords Vand with music from Blue Foundation and dancers from the Royal Danish Ballet
* Monologue and song by Herborg Kråkevik
* Dialogue by author Tor Bomann-Larsens, interpreted by Dane Rasmus Botoft from the Royal Danish Theatre and Norweign Sven Nordin.