public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:19 pm 

I have re-opened this thread, and it will stay that if the conversation can stay civil and within the courtesy policy.

Personally, I would like to say that I do regret what I wrote on the topic and subsequently deleted my comments on that thread. However, I was not vilifying any specific person and was basing my comments on what was under public discussion in the print media at the time.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 pm 

How magnanimous of you. Thanks. I don’t believe anybody was viciously slandered and/or vilified on this site-Especially given that the accused was not named. I quoted newspaper articles; defended Betty Oliphant; discussed the public’s right to know; prattled on about the CBC just happening to catch Michael Crabb hanging out on a cold winter’s day in front of NBS, and pointed out this was the 2nd such incident at the school according to printed newspaper articles.

I can’t recollect any story about the crown dropping the charges. I certainly would have posted the news. I think it is important to remember that all because the Crown dropped the charges doesn’t mean nothing happened. Perhaps there was not enough evidence, perhaps the victim(s) did not want to go through with court proceedings-There could be many reasons for this.

Do you have a link to post for this update? By the way, if you check out newspaper blogs, I believe you will come to the conclusion that our discussion was very tame. I understand how this could be a very sensitive issue but I believe one would have to be very naïve to think that NBS would be any different from any other high school in Toronto in regards to problems. Given the faculty and costs involved to attend, I would hope they would experience less issues.

Profile E-mail