public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pacific Northwest Ballet: Bumbershoot 2006
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:07 pm 

Pacific Northwest Ballet performed at the 2006 Bumbershoot Festival held over Labor Day Weekend at Seattle Center. The performance was held in the Bagley Wright Theatre, the usual home of the Seattle Repertory Theatre. Both Seattle dailies had preview articles in their Friday, Septmeber 1 editions:

R. M. Campbell in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

Seattle P-I

Judy Chia Hui Hsu in the Seattle Times:

Seattle Times

In the P-I preview, much is made of what I believe to be the incorrect assertion that the performance of Sonia Dawkins' "Ripple Mechanics" constitutes a Seattle premiere. The program states that the work was premiered as part of the Choreographers' Workshop in March 2005. I recall seeing the piece -- or at least, its essence -- previously. It may have been presented as a "work in progress" at that time.

Observed in the audience: Judith Fugate, who is here as the stager of Jerome Robbins' "Fancy Free," (included on the opening "Director's Choice" program, September 21 through October 1); and Mark Morris.

Profile E-mail