public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tutu Talk from the National Ballet of Canada!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 4:51 pm 

Pack up your tutus! The National Ballet of Canada will be performing Swan Lake in China for 3 weeks come September. You can read my review of Swan Lake under “Looking down from heaven, Marius Petipa reviews James Kudelka’s new Swan Lake.” Let’s hope this very dark Swan Lake doesn’t damage relations between Canada and China!<P>Bravo to Canadian Heritage Minister Sheila Copps for approving a contribution of up to $530,000 for the National Ballet of Canada!!! The funding comes courtesy of the Cultural Initiatives Program’s Strategic Development Assistance component. <P>Shooting for the National Ballet of Canada souvenir yearbook started in June even though it won’t be available to the public until November 10th, the season opener. The 2000/2001 souvenir yearbook will feature photos of the dancers in costume across the street from the Walter Carsen Centre. The dancers posed at the lovely Music Garden.<P>With legal bills of about $1,000,000 to keep Kimberly Glasco’s toes off Kudelka’s stage, one has to wonder if their insurers will continue to cover them. I would love to know if the Canadian public will end up eating the bill for the NBoC’s idiocy.<P><BR>------------------<BR>Michael Goldbarth<p>[This message has been edited by Michael Goldbarth (edited June 19, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tutu Talk from the National Ballet of Canada!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2000 5:57 pm 

Michael, was Kimberly Glasco included in that photoshoot?

Post subject: Re: Tutu Talk from the National Ballet of Canada!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2000 6:07 pm 

I'm not sure if Kimberly Glasco was included. <BR>I don't believe so. As far as the NBoC is concerned, Kimberly Glasco no longer exists. <BR>I am working on a little surprise for the NBoC!<P>------------------<BR>Michael Goldbarth

Profile E-mail